Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:11 am 

I don't know if this is any use for a beginner in FT, but check out the Realtree Hardwood Padded Seat (not a chair) on (seasonal??) clearout at Wal-Mart, regularly $20 IIRC for $8.46. It is such a good deal and looked so "nice" that I got one for myself, I'm sure I'll find a use for it. Doubled over it should really insulate your butt, I'd guess 2" of padding (removable, for washing the skin??). Lots of straps and doodads...

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. - Murphy's Other Laws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:22 am 

Take a picture of it or give us the measurements as it sits on the ground. As long as it doesn't have a fixed back (that can't be folded down), and is lower than 18", it can be used. Of course, there is nothing against using it as a resting chair while you are waitig to shoot, lol.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

This one was purchased at LeBaron's.... It has a folding back rest and when the back rest is not up the highest point is 15-1/2" tall...

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 pm 

And because that has a folding back that is down, it is ok, for a shooting seat. Only the Limited Sub-division rules would prohibit that seat from being used as it is over 6" in height. Good example

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 pm 

Keyrigger wrote:
Take a picture of it or give us the measurements as it sits on the ground. As long as it doesn't have a fixed back (that can't be folded down), and is lower than 18", it can be used. Of course, there is nothing against using it as a resting chair while you are waitig to shoot, lol.

I tried to find a pic already online before posting, but no luck. There is no brand name on it except for the Realtree Hardwoods HD tags. The back folds down, where I got the ~2" thick doubled over, and straps hold it closed...there's a carrying handle, a mesh pocket and a zippered pocket. There is no frame, it's not a stool etc. just a pad, why I thought it might make a cheap bumbag.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. - Murphy's Other Laws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm 

I thought you had purchased it already. When you say that it can be folded over to increase the thickness as a cushion, as long as it is 6" or less, it is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:19 pm 

By any chance, it this what you are talking about? If it is, folded down, it is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:11 pm 

^ No, that's not it. And yes, I do have one here. I hate taking pics... :o Maybe later. Doesn't appear to be anywhere on the web, made for Wal-Mart Canada, not even on Realtree Hardwoods official site nor WM's U.S. one.

My estimate from memory (what a joke that is!) was a bit off. It is actually ~4" thick max, not 2". Footprint is ~12.5x14.5" when folded up for carrying. There is no gap between the back and bottom sections, so a 14.5x25x2" cushion when unfolded. That will probably fit *most* people's bum... Part no. CF-340H. If it's not at your local WM now, it won't be until mid/late summer probably, point being it's cheap now and its look and construction belie its cheap price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 pm 

Pics of that padded seat...

Folded up for carrying:

As a seat with back:

Laid out flat, the "bottom" side:

$8.50 @ WM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:21 pm 

im goin tommorrow to my wally world to see if they have any!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:32 pm 

As long as you are using the seat as a cushion (folded up or flat) when
you are shooting, it will be fine.