Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:43 am 

I'm only guessing, but I would have to say the 2 MOA is about half that at the same distance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 am 

RACKnRAIL wrote:
I'm only guessing, but I would have to say the 2 MOA is about half that at the same distance.

Hi RnR kindly post pics of your new toy..Regards man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 pm 

I promise as soon as I get some batteries for my Camera, I'll post some better ones, but here's a couple with my phone camera.
What would people suggest for a decent case? I'm ok improvising, or buying new, if reasonably priced. My gun with the 12" barrel and 15" shroud is now about 23" total, so keeping that in mind, I would need minimum 24" case...hopefully. I'm always looking at garage sales, etc, for other cases I can improvise into gun cases, so I'm open to suggestions. lol, but I would prefer a hard case, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:13 pm 

Musical store :shock: :shock: trumpet case.. :mrgreen:

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:18 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
Musical store :shock: :shock: trumpet case.. :mrgreen:

That's not a bad suggestion, actually. I have a friend that uses a violin case, so why not trumpet?? I know a tennis racket case isn't a bad soft case option either. Less conspicuous the better :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 pm 

Pawn shop for oddball cases.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:14 pm 

I think Rick wins with the doublebass hard case he used do use. Wheels and all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:46 am 

RACKnRAIL wrote:
I promise as soon as I get some batteries for my Camera, I'll post some better ones, but here's a couple with my phone camera.
What would people suggest for a decent case? I'm ok improvising, or buying new, if reasonably priced. My gun with the 12" barrel and 15" shroud is now about 23" total, so keeping that in mind, I would need minimum 24" case...hopefully. I'm always looking at garage sales, etc, for other cases I can improvise into gun cases, so I'm open to suggestions. lol, but I would prefer a hard case, obviously.

RnR she is one sexy pistol sir :drinkers:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:28 pm 

Thank you.

I can't tell you how much I love the look and accuracy of this gun. However, I've been having major problems with the Marauder magazines. I bought two extra, totaling three. They all are crap! I have researched online and see that many people have trouble with them. So watching a YouTube vid, I learned I could slightly modify them by bending the internal spring a bit. Still even after I figure out how to load pellets properly in the mag, and with the spring mod, it just doesn't load like it should. I realize there's a few factors to making them work now. There's the center pin, which you can tighten too much. There's the brass pin that can keep it from rotating properly, and there's the spring. I struggle with every pellet. What am I doing wrong? I've read such positive reviews about Marauder's, so it must somehow be user error, no? I doubt it's the breech, but I suppose that is possible. It really does take away some of the excitement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
I think Rick wins with the doublebass hard case he used do use. Wheels and all.

Yup! It carried the Barrett .50 and ammo.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:34 pm 

RACKnRAIL wrote:

Wow, just wanted to post how much I like this, it's most of the way my imaginary 2240 build that I plan on one day doing. Nice work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm 

RACKnRAIL wrote:
Thank you.

I can't tell you how much I love the look and accuracy of this gun. However, I've been having major problems with the Marauder magazines. I bought two extra, totaling three. They all are crap! I have researched online and see that many people have trouble with them. So watching a YouTube vid, I learned I could slightly modify them by bending the internal spring a bit. Still even after I figure out how to load pellets properly in the mag, and with the spring mod, it just doesn't load like it should. I realize there's a few factors to making them work now. There's the center pin, which you can tighten too much. There's the brass pin that can keep it from rotating properly, and there's the spring. I struggle with every pellet. What am I doing wrong? I've read such positive reviews about Marauder's, so it must somehow be user error, no? I doubt it's the breech, but I suppose that is possible. It really does take away some of the excitement.

Hi RnR..I sell Mrod mags to my fellow airgunners here and not one has had complaints. Most of the rifles here are locally made and reconfigured to accept this mag..Perchance it is the breech itself that is causing feeding problems. Not to malign Sergio as he is a top machinist but perchance the tolerance of his creation might be too much and that is what is causing indexing/feeding inconsistencies.

I will get back to you later because there is a bud of mine who kind of modifies the Mrod mags for his semi auto airgun..I have tried it a couple of times and I have not had hiccups so far..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:38 am 

I have managed to get it working a bit better. Almost acceptable. I think the pellet is hanging up or catching just on the edge of the barrel as it leaves the mag. If I give the bolt a little tap with the palm of my hand the pellet loads, which concerns me. If the pellet gets damaged going into the barrel it's just no good. I'm going to take the barrel off and give it a slight chamfer and see if that helps.

The mags are finicky little things. Considering the advantage of having a multi-shot gun, I like them, but finicky nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 pm 

I built a breech for the marauder mags recently and I've been loving them. No problems that I would attribute to the magazines and I'd guess I have about 1k pellets through them so far (220 last night at the club!). It is easy to double feed if you fumble the bolt, and the worst case is getting a pellet stuck half in/half out of the magazine, locking the magazine in place... I need to learn slightly better habits if a pellet fails to load smoothly so I don't follow it up with a second and make things 10x worse. Of course, not using pellets that are prone to jamming (Crosman ultra magnum) would probably be a smart move too.

I'll certainly be buying more of the mags to use in future builds.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:05 am 

http://www.hpasports.com/crosman/65-13- ... ilver.html

http://www.bnmcustom.com/products_categ ... m-airguns/

http://www.tko22.com/

http://www.powermaxhipac.com/

Your Welcome

:twisted:

Attachments:
2250.jpg
2250.jpg [ 327.42 KiB | Viewed 6276 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next