Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 am 

***I don't know if a thread like this has been started before****

It seems quite a few members, especially newer ones, do not know how to post pics on this forum. Maybe if there was a sticky (if there isn't one yet) perhaps in the Airgun Gallery, on how to do it. I copied and pasted this from what I told one member.

Peace,

RM :wink:

Rifleman wrote:
Yes, you're going to need an account on a photo hosting website such as http://www.photobucket.com, (I use it). It then gives you instructions to load your gun pictures from your computer onto the website. Now when they're all uploaded, go to the view where you can see them all. There should be 3 or 4 different links under the picture that you can copy and paste. You copy the image code, and then come to the CAF.

Once you are here, start a new topic in the Airgun Gallery, and paste in the image code you earlier copied from Photobucket. You can do this for each picture you have on your photobucket, since each will have a different IMG code.

Hope This helps,

RM :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Stickied!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 pm 

Thanks webstien, that should clear things up for newer members around on the CAF.

This forum rocks! :supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

There is another option- and no account needs to be opened:

Click here and upload your picture: http://www.postimage.org/

Then cut and past the "Forum BBCode" info to your post.

You get an image like this

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Click on NEW TOPIC or POST REPLY
go down the page you will see UPLOAD ATTACHMENT
click on Choose File & go where you store your pictures in your PC
click twice on the picture that you like to show
then click ADD THE FILE
then click SUBMIT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 pm 

What is a BBC code?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:29 pm 

Would it not be much simpler if this forum had its OWN program that AUTOMATICALLY did the conversion to the proper resolution not matter what our picture resolution was and did it all at the time we downloaded the image to the forum ???

Maybe someone should look into this ?

Cost ?? I'll be happy to fork over some cash to help get it......how about the rest of you ??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

The forum already has the ability to add attachments now. I'll look to see if there is a image resizer plugin to make them all standard size.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

As long as the attachment is below 100kb you can attach images. They will be converted to a 400x400 thumbnail and you can click to see the full size version.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 pm 

WEBSTEIN:

Yeah, I know about the small size.....only I can't get my images down to that size.
OH YEAH...I could do with such a program too.....but at the moment don't have much software. I used to do my own programming when I used DOS computers, but since going to Windows type computers....can't do that now. Either the programming software is not available for windows or its so expensive I can't afford it....some used to cost less than a $100....now cost over $3000 !

At one time I did see a program to convert any size photo to any other size on the public domain...FREE...but can't find it now that I could use it.

Sure would be a handy dandy item to get for the forum though.....glad to hear that you are looking into it. If I find anything I will send a note your way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 pm 

albertarebel wrote:
WEBSTEIN:

Yeah, I know about the small size.....only I can't get my images down to that size.
OH YEAH...I could do with such a program too.....but at the moment don't have much software. I used to do my own programming when I used DOS computers, but since going to Windows type computers....can't do that now. Either the programming software is not available for windows or its so expensive I can't afford it....some used to cost less than a $100....now cost over $3000 !

At one time I did see a program to convert any size photo to any other size on the public domain...FREE...but can't find it now that I could use it.

Sure would be a handy dandy item to get for the forum though.....glad to hear that you are looking into it. If I find anything I will send a note your way.

Try windows paint, it's on every windows computer and fairly easy to use.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

I can suggest some free software for resizing. Irfanview is one of them. I tried a forum mod for resizing images today but it didn't work as intended. Im sure ill find something that works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 pm 

I use windows powertoys it's the easiest program I have used just right on the pic you want to resize and click it's that simple

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... ws-7vista/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm 

I have tried everything that came standard on my computer....just shy of what is required, that 100 limit is tough to get to....in the past my posts have been by DUMB LUCK alone.

I have also checked out some software on the internet:

WIDGET - can add to a website, ditital image resolution conversion
- www.unitconversion.org

AZImage - www.racsoftware.com

MagicCamera 7.2.1 - Virtual webcam software
- Can SET input resolution and FORCE output resolution
-www.brothersoft.com

I'm not sure any of these are the perfect software needed, they seem to do more than just the simple conversion we need....maybe too much more.

IF we can't get software that will AUTOMATICALLY convert from what resolution we have to that required for the forum.....MAYBE we can find a program that WILL DO THE JOB, that can by some SPECIAL DEAL be made available to any forum member who wants it ???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Its doable serverside using imagemagik, i just have to find a plugin that integrates well with the forum.