Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm 

poil27 wrote:
the valve is in the mag right on top of the co2 bottle. it won't leak co2 and you can keep the remaining co2 for later if you whant.
use pil on top of evrey powerlet that way you"ll keep it top shape for a long time.

Aah...parfait!

Thanks, Poil.

HS

My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSandw ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm 

Hammer Sandwich wrote:
Hey fellas, sorry to necro an old thread, but I have a Tanfoglio 1911 in the mail, and had a few questions, (and they might be ridiculous questions, I'm not sure);

-The last time I had a co2 gun, it was the crosman UZI (late 80's)...once you put the 12g co2 in....you had to shoot what you could before it was gone....(and this was often a matter of seconds)....

I notice the 1911 mag comes out for reload....when I take the mag out, do I lose co2, or is there a valve, or a friggin' stopcock or something?...am I fighting "gas loss" while I put more BB's in?

Long story short, once I've shot 18 BB's, and take the mag out to reload, do I change the co2 as well?

-Is there any vendor that sells extra mags for a reasonable price?

-And to the OP, Mantis, are you still enjoying your 1911?

Cheers,

HS

The mag holds air no problem, I found with the some CO2 guns that house the powerlet in the mag that can be taken out like the TW1911, leaving the mag in the pistol, just the weight of the hammer on the valve is enough to let the CO2 slowly (2 days in my H&K USP) leak out. So I always left the mags out of my guns out and no CO2 gets out. My 3 mags are all in the hard case with the pistols and they are all full of air after about 4 months now. You fire a mag, put it away, fire another mag the next week, put it away and you'll have plenty for other shot in 2 months.

Mike at replica airguns has the mags, so do airgun source and probably every where else the pistols are sold, around the 40$ each. PyramydAir has them for 10$ less if you know someone in the US that could receive them for you :wink:
If you have anything else you want to know, don't be afraid to ask. I love that pistol (and the GSG92, SIG Sauer P226 cousins).

Have a look at parts available for the 1911 firearm and many of them should fit (springs, spring housing, safety and mag release switches, hammer, trigger, grips etc).

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:59 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
PyramydAir has them for 10$ less if you know someone in the US that could receive them for you :wink:

Aaaaaah..I see what ya did there........ :wink:

DocGadget wrote:
The mag holds air no problem, I found with the some CO2 guns that house the powerlet in the mag that can be taken out like the TW1911..<snip>...You fire a mag, put it away, fire another mag the next week, put it away and you'll have plenty for other shot in 2 months.

Wow...I never would've thought that! ...I was used to "one capsule, one use"....yay technology!

Looks like I have to start hunting for mags...
(Sadly, I found out my projected delivery day is next Thursday...Boounrs...I already bought a 40ct of co2...and 6000 BB's)

Thanks, Doc.

HS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:08 pm 

Hammer Sandwich wrote:
Wow...I never would've thought that! ...I was used to "one capsule, one use"....yay technology!

Looks like I have to start hunting for mags...
(Sadly, I found out my projected delivery day is next Thursday...Boounrs...I already bought a 40ct of co2...and 6000 BB's)

Thanks, Doc.

HS

CO2 guns seem pretty efficient.

It's a good thing you bought so many because you'll probably need them. No go order the GSG and file the small part to get the selector to work the full auto fonction, you're gonna love it, but you'll spend more gas and BB's and will REALLY need those spare mags!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
....you're gonna love it, but you'll spend more gas and BB's and will REALLY need those spare mags!

Everytime you give me advice...it seems like a date with Kobe Bryant....(I can kick and scream as much as I want....but...it's gonna happen)

Dammit, Doc!
I want a semi-auto-single-fire-single-action pistol, that's wildly inaccurate....no one makes a Browning HP in BB..so the 1911'l have to do.

I look forward to wasting them co2's... :D

P.S.: Will she put BB's in my duct seal trap?...or should I build a new trap?

HS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 pm 

Hammer Sandwich wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
....you're gonna love it, but you'll spend more gas and BB's and will REALLY need those spare mags!

Everytime you give me advice...it seems like a date with Kobe Bryant....(I can kick and scream as much as I want....but...it's gonna happen)

Dammit, Doc!
I want a semi-auto-single-fire-single-action pistol, that's wildly inaccurate....no one makes a Browning HP in BB..so the 1911'l have to do.

I look forward to wasting them co2's... :D

P.S.: Will she put BB's in my duct seal trap?...or should I build a new trap?

HS

No ones makes browning HP... WRONG. It's coming my friend! Umarex showed one at the SHOT show this year, get you wallet ready.
Here is what Tom Gaylord said about it
Quote:
Another new air pistol from Umarex is the Browning Hi Power Mark III. This one is a CO2-powered BB pistol that mimics the firearm prototype exactly. It puts me in mind of the Walther P99 Compact or perhaps the Walther PPK/S.

Scroll down to the 4th or 5th picture to have a look at it.
http://airgun-academy.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/01/2012-shot-show-part-3/

I have no idea about BB's and duct seal, they would get in but maybe they could bounce back at you after a while. Crosman makes a few traps, I had no problem with the square styrofoam one or the one with the steel back plate with a nice thick curtain in front.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 pm 

She finally came in the mail today.....Jeebus Bald-Headed Christie....what a great BB gun!

I now totally understand the love of the Tanfoglio 1911 BB.
Every good thing I heard about this gun is true.

(I'm not sure whether I should shoot it, or hump it)

Spectacular BB gun. Happy faces all around.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 pm 

Hammer Sandwich wrote:
She finally came in the mail today.....Jeebus Bald-Headed Christie....what a great BB gun!

Shooting it is quite fun, I don't know about humping it, I didn't try... now go have a look at the brownells catalog of 1911 parts http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23960/Product/1911-CATALOG

The GSG92 and SIG Sauer P226 are as fun as the TW1911 is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
......I didn't try... now go have a look at the brownells catalog of 1911 parts ....

They have some great stuff!!
That being said....I want to at least try to keep this thing "bone-stock".
(Just for the "as-issued cool-factor", I guess).

Friggin' great gun, though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 pm 

Hammer Sandwich wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
......I didn't try... now go have a look at the brownells catalog of 1911 parts ....

I'm also keeping mine stock, the sad thing is I'm thinking about buying a second just to mod the hell out of it. That damn GAS syndrome :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Hammer Sandwich wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

I'm also keeping mine stock, the sad thing is I'm thinking about buying a second just to mod the hell out of it. That damn GAS syndrome :evil:

yea gas syndrome we all have it

hey doc you wahnt my phantom i trade for a 953

dasy 953 , ncstar 3-9x42 compact
crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:17 pm 

poil27 wrote:
yea gas syndrome we all have it

hey doc you wahnt my phantom i trade for a 953

Thanks for the offer but I've never been a big fan of the Phantom, plus I have plenty of nice good quality springers.
I was able to find a way to install my new rear sight on my Daisy 99 but haven't had time to shoot it yet and let's not talk about that gas ram I still have to fit in my IZH.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Hammer Sandwich wrote:

Shooting it is quite fun, I don't know about humping it, I didn't try... now go have a look at the brownells catalog of 1911 parts http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23960/Product/1911-CATALOG

The GSG92 and SIG Sauer P226 are as fun as the TW1911 is.

LOL!!!!!