Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 pm 

I found someone selling a webley tempest, I asked how much and they said "Make an Offer"

Can you tell me what this gun would be worth in good, fair and poor condition - this way when I see it I'll know what to offer.

Thanks!

M~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 pm 

There was a mint one in the forsale adds way back$175 but it didn't sell so mint I would guess $140.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:36 pm 

I bought one 5 yrs ago from AL SIMMONDS gun shop for $250.00 + tax. I sold it in new condition less than 60 shots and I was lucky to get $150.00 for it. Some people have them and think they are worth a fortune but I don't know why. They are not very accurate and power wise they are only good for hunting mice.

George.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 pm 

A normal Webley owner/lover certainly would know how much it is worth and what to ask for. If the guy said make him an offer, I suspect that he got it from God-know-where.

I was talking to my friend a couple of evenings ago. He said somebody broke into his locker and stole his collection including a few Webleys. He was supposed to sell me his Junior, a Tempest and a Hurricane and another Mark I. I have since been checking on the Craiglist and have not seen any surfacing yet. Ask him a few questions about the Webleys and the Tempest. You will get the picture very quickly. Where are you located, out in the West Coast?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:01 pm 

I'm not on the coast, this guy is legit, he also has a model 94 win. in .32 and a couple other airguns. I'm looking at them all, I might lowball him on the webley. I wondered if anyone knew the book value?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:10 pm 

I bought an almost like new Tempest for $200. A not-so-new, but it has been shot extensively, for $160. I just bought another one that has not been shot extensively but it has been thrown around in a fishing tackle box for $100. So take your pick. If the barrel wriggles left and right in a lifted-up position, it has been cocked extensively. Give him $150 for it.