Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 pm 

I am considering purchasing an Umarex HPP and was hoping that I could get some spare magazines to go along with it; but there weren't any being sold. I then saw that the magzine from the Daisy 5501 looks very similar to the one for the Umarex HPP. Does anyone have any experience with both of these guns to confirm that the magazine from the Daisy 5501 is the same that is used for the Umarex HPP or that if they are similar enough to work?

Past:
Umarex Heckler & Koch USP
Umarex Beretta Elite II
Cybergun Tanfoglio Witness 1911 (non-blowback)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:34 pm 

I Just got confirmation from Chris Ward (co2airguns.net) that the Umarex HPP magazine fits the Daisy 5501 but the Daisy 5501 magazine does NOT fit the Umarex HPP due to it being too short. Just thought I would put this out there for future reference.

Past:
Umarex Heckler & Koch USP
Umarex Beretta Elite II
Cybergun Tanfoglio Witness 1911 (non-blowback)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 pm 

Sorry to revive a very old post but also for future references I thought I had to post an update on this

I was also looking for HPP clips and couldn't find them in Canada (at least at reasonable prices...)
All the info I could find was the same as the posts above. The HPP clips will fit the Daisy 5501but not the other way around.

Then I saw Michael Kaye's video review on the Daisy 5501 on Replica Airgun. Both clips and guns where presented side by side and that's where I was convinced that the Daisy clips would fit the HPP...with minor plastic surgery 8)

So, I ordered a pair of Daisy clips from Amazon.com (US), made some modifications and I can testify that Daisy clips will fit the Umarex HPP with minor modifications to the bottom part.

I will post a complete procedure in Mods and Repair under "Umarex HPP spare clips from Daisy 5501"
Check it out!

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5