Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cometa Lynx Blue
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
kelly1 wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:
Look forward to a comparison to teh Hatsan AT44 with LW barrel at $435

:)

Walter....

When I have some solid numbers I'll let you know,it's -7 and snowing at the moment though...kelly

Any update on your Cometa
would like to see a pic with stock removed.

Here you go Walter:

Scoped gun with trigeer and hammer lubed,Legend 5/15

Barreled action ,1 bolt to remove stock,nice snug fit.

Trigger adjustments,trigger is a contained unit so you can take it off the gun with two screws no loose parts.

Hammer adjustment,can be done with stock on ,You need a PAL. though.

I polished and lubed the hammer spring ,two allens to access it 1 is a locknut and one from the trigger area.

Trigger cassette open,I lubed this and did a pull weight adjusment,the other screws are fixed with hi strength thread lock and will need a heat gun to release. I lubed the Hammer while I had the trigger off.
The guns appear to have about 200 fps adjust-ability at the hammer and 200 with regulator adjustments, depending on the spec of the gun.
The valve resides between the barrel and regulator and has from what I gather a firing pot that stores 3 shots worth of air depending on power settings .If the bottle is removed you must shoot the gun until all air is out-before further dissasembly...kelly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 pm 

Kelly, thank you very much!!!!

May need to save up for one of these eventually.

Is the reg a standard paintball reg? Would a paintball tank thread right on there? man a 12 oz CO2 would be a sweet summer shooter.

Could have various HPA tanks with regs set as required........ mmmmmmmm

How does the magazine work? will it be easy to put a single shot tray in the receiver?

Walter....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Kelly, thank you very much!!!!

May need to save up for one of these eventually.

Is the reg a standard paintball reg? Would a paintball tank thread right on there? man a 12 oz CO2 would be a sweet summer shooter.

Could have various HPA tanks with regs set as required........ mmmmmmmm

How does the magazine work? will it be easy to put a single shot tray in the receiver?
yes,yes and yes :mrgreen:
walter I believe these are at 60 bar ,standard paintball reg.bottle is 2" diameter and you can go 26 cuin if you want.
Cometa has set regs anywhere from 90 bar to 110 commonly and I know of one at 120 bar.
From my research I only found one person who has modded the transfer port,(which is located in the brass portion of the breach).
Standard config. seems to be 12-20 fpe and dialed up from there by importer or customer...kelly
To use the mag you move the single shot pivot bar to the left of the gun(1 screw) and slide the mag in ,it uses the pin for a alignment stop.You could machine something fancy!Probably easy for you to do.
Super easy to work on this gun ,but there is some higher engineering involved in some aspects...kelly

Walter....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 am 

Can't wait to see that gun Kelly. BTW, shouldn't we be having a shoot this Sunday?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 am 

Old Van wrote:
Can't wait to see that gun Kelly. BTW, shouldn't we be having a shoot this Sunday?

Last Sunday of the month ,I'm going to need air ,I'm filling off a regulated buddy bottle which isn't cutting it.[2000 psi output]
Hopefully someone brings a tank with a foster connection.
How are things ,still shooting that old Steyr?..kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 pm 

kelly1 wrote:
Old Van wrote:

Last Sunday of the month ,I'm going to need air ,I'm filling off a regulated buddy bottle which isn't cutting it.[2000 psi output]
Hopefully someone brings a tank with a foster connection.
How are things ,still shooting that old Steyr?..kelly

Kelly, I'll be there, with air! :D

Yes the "old" Steyr! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 pm 

Kelly, how accurate?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Kelly, how accurate?

15.9 jsb and crosman hollow points 5 shot 3/4 to 1 inch avg. in windy conditions ( typical at our range) 40 yds
18.1 jsb did' nt group well.
Only tuning is what is already posted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Kelly, how accurate?

I just shot the gun until it was off the regulator and it looks like it is set to 65/70 bar.
The Spanish guns are usually 90 bar, but Cometa will set them higher on request [they were shipping at 16 fpe.]and adjustable upwards...kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm 

Kelly.

Thanks for taking the time to share info on the Lynx.

From photos is seems well built. Quite solid build, yet quite straight forward.

What do you think? I see you own a AT44 as well. Care to compare them?

Are you re-stacking the washer arrangement in the reg? What PSI output?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm 

kelly1 wrote:
Voltar1 wrote:
Kelly, how accurate?

I just shot the gun until it was off the regulator and it looks like it is set to 65/70 bar.
The Spanish guns are usually 90 bar, but Cometa will set them higher on request [they were shipping at 16 fpe.]and adjustable upwards...kelly

With an accurate gauge revise to 80 bar regulator!
I was using the gauge on the gun now using my freshly rebuilt Hill pump..kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm 

CJN wrote:
Kelly.

Thanks for taking the time to share info on the Lynx.

From photos is seems well built. Quite solid build, yet quite straight forward.

What do you think? I see you own a AT44 as well. Care to compare them?

Are you re-stacking the washer arrangement in the reg? What PSI output?

Thanks.

No regulator work yet, but I will ,I need to order the parts or replace the reg.
At some point I need to remove the brass part at the breech and have a look I believe that is fitted over the TP.
The Lynx is easier to work on and the At 44 wasn't bad .I think the AT and the Bam in singleshot are a great way to go if price is a factor.I have the AT 44 in 10 shot as well, and it is accurate ,but not as consistent between mags and air tube changes.More tuning needed (more likely a better tuner)
I have been a springer guy so only 1 year of experience with pcp fyi.
The Lynx seems to be more air efficient but no numbers to back it up from my use.The reg. looks to be at80 bar I'm using my pump as a reference ,so I may be off a bit but close.
Others have got 130 powerful shots 26/27 fpe on 400cc bottle and then filled 90/100 bar.
For those that want a regged long bottle can be had from jds airman and Eric has regged 200 cc.
The reason I prefer this is the barrel quality, the wood to metal fit and the practical design,my goal is Hunting and field Target and not too much of a project gun.
For twice the money it still is a lot of value there but you could go CZ /aa 200 too.can't go wrong but .177 only...kelly
I hope some other companies look at some of these ideas for their guns ,particularily because of the trend of installing regs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

Kelly's picture doesn't do his Lynx true justice. She is just a gorgeous rifle when seen in person and holds very,very nicely. 8) 8) His fault that I am considering getting one now. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm 

scruffie wrote:
Kelly's picture doesn't do his Lynx true justice. She is just a gorgeous rifle when seen in person and holds very,very nicely. 8) 8) His fault that I am considering getting one now. :evil:

I can take the guilt trip no problem!
Let me know when you need a good divorce Lawyer!
Good to see you out there,And I'll see you in Port Kells soon..kelly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 pm 

Yes, great rifle and so easy to work on. When I held it in my hands I was looking at it and the thought that came to mind was "Daystate/Theoben". There's just one thing Kelly. It's not blue! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next