Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 am 

From the first time I picked up this fine weapon, and after reading many reviews I come up with my own ideas on these rifles..
Some folks report shotgun pattern accuracy ( never holding the rifle the same way each shot)
Some folks report scope problems , always have to re zero...( hold different each day, but hold the same on that day)

To explain, I have found this also , thats why off hand is sometimes more accurate, because you will hold this rifle the same each time..but when supporting your rifle, the hand may end up at a different spot , forward /aft, or some torque, or even just a bit left or right. also the pressure of the butt stock on the body(I like it very light) , and the pistol grip , also very light..lineup body , and rifle , critical to not place any side torque on the gun where ever it rests...

Some say that one gun will be less effected by this than others, well I feel that you mate better with one gun than another, very important that the rifle has good balance..

My 77 has a long barrel, and it takes your full attention to get it right on the first shot, the 97k being short, and also heavy sets nice offhand, and when resting, but you also have to pay attention to all the above mentioned..
Anyway hope some new shooters, get something from this, and don't be worried if your rifle gets a 1 inch group @ 10 meters, you just don't have it down yet..also don't reset you scope values, wait till your certain its not you, and / or the new hold your using is getting you better accuracy.
Best regards
Levi

BSA Superstar Magnum 2
umarex 92fs x2, Sig 225, S&W m&p
crosman 1322