Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 am 

I actually found it easy to put back together myself.

There are metal bars running along side the bottom section where the main pin goes in and these have to be lined up. It is helpful to use a smaller screwdriver or something to line it up with the hole. Then put the pin in the first side and repeat on the 2nd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 pm 

Thanks for the pictures scruffie, and the instructions Mod33, all tuned up!
Just bought a chrony yesterday. I was shooting RWS Meisterkugeln .22 cal at 353fps average before the mod. Now I'm shooting around 475fps with those pellets.
Much louder crack at 3 pumps! All in all, the mod took about 5 minutes, with this being my first opening up an air gun. With the trigger pull and valve adjusted this thing is a real beast.

Webley Alecto .22 & Walther MRS sight
Stoeger X5 .177, 4x32 scope combo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 pm 

Hi bowser.
Most folks screw the valve closed and then back it off a bit. When you made you valve adjustment, how far did you back off the screw?
Red

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm 

I think I answered this is another post, but I turned it back about about 3/8s of a turn (so just a bit farther back than a quarter turn). I was told 1/8th should be enough to keep it legal, but I wanted to be extra safe (the Alecto looks too mean to risk being even close to illegal).

Shooting it now indoors, 3 pumps is not only somewhat difficult (I'm 6 feet tall 175 pounds and 3 pumps is just unreasonable for plinking), but VERY loud. It also does give a nice little kick at 3 pumps, muzzle flip and all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm 

redlock wrote:
Hi bowser.
Most folks screw the valve closed and then back it off a bit. When you made you valve adjustment, how far did you back off the screw?
Red

I think I did close to one complete turn... I didn't screw it all the way in because when I started to screw it in, it was already feeling pretty tight.

Webley Alecto .22 & Walther MRS sight
Stoeger X5 .177, 4x32 scope combo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:13 pm 

Thanks to everyone.
Red.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 pm 

Hey guys just thought I'd suggest something else everyone should check and or modify is the spring inside the main valve ( the big one that touches the barrel). The spring is sanded to have a very flush surface, and at each tailend it's very thin. This could (happened to me) chip off at become floating debris inside the valve, causing oring damage and improper seating of the valve stem. Not the easiest thing to do but it's worth the look!

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:01 pm 

I made sure to clean the valve area of all debree as there looked to be a little grease with detritus in there before tightening it back up.

Some report a high pitched squeak on compression but It appears to not effect velocity.

Alectoly addicted i am :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm 

Chewy wrote:

Tell me about it...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm 

Knappr wrote:
Hey guys just thought I'd suggest something else everyone should check and or modify is the spring inside the main valve ( the big one that touches the barrel). The spring is sanded to have a very flush surface, and at each tailend it's very thin. This could (happened to me) chip off at become floating debris inside the valve, causing oring damage and improper seating of the valve stem. Not the easiest thing to do but it's worth the look!

Is that the part that contacts the pellet chamber at the rear of the barrel? It looks like it will unscrew with an allen key (possibly the one supplied with the gun), is this true?
Thanks to everyone for all of the help given. I really like my Alecto and shoot it almost every day. Amazingly my accuracy is slowly improving.
Red.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 pm 

Mod33 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Tell me about it...

well, it all started one day not too long ago when i shot one, and then realized how much better it was over everything else i had shot! *snickers*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:59 pm 

Hello guys,
so I got my Webly Alecto / Zoraki HP 01-2 Ultra today and wanted to to a little valve adjustment. Got a little surprised pushed the first big pin out and if you push the second smaller pin out you can't get to the valve because you can't remove the "cover" because there is a metal "bracket" in the way I can't remove. Does anyone got experience with the newer Models of the Alecto? This only seems to be a problem in the MK.2 version. Well I think if you can push out that pin you see (more or less) in the Picture you can maybe get to the valve, but this pin holds very tightly and I don't wanna damage anything. Also I clouldn't find anything on the internet so I'm asking you guys for help. Pls excuse my bad english. :lol:

Here you can see this "bracket" Im talking about:

And here's that pin that maybe let you remove this big metal "cover":

Hope you can help me :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:37 am 

No one knows anything about that? :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm 

Just ran into the same problem with my new Alecto. Any advice