Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:23 pm 

So you are telling me all this shooting I did in my backyard (in Scarborough) could have had the ETF on my buttock the past couple of weeks? God what was I thinking returning the .177 caliber and going for the .22? I think they are sitting in the office planning my arrest right now :p
Or maybe not!

Well at least this explains why no canadian tire in my area carries airguns..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 pm 

That's why i live in the country, away from all the scared-y cats who would call the opp over a pellet gun :cry: . Damn the man!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 am 

Roozbeh60 wrote:
So you are telling me all this shooting I did in my backyard (in Scarborough) could have had the ETF on my buttock the past couple of weeks? God what was I thinking returning the .177 caliber and going for the .22? I think they are sitting in the office planning my arrest right now :p
Or maybe not!

Well at least this explains why no canadian tire in my area carries airguns..

Shoot in your basement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am 

went shooting my 1911 in my backyard this morning(-12)
live on a subdivision
357 too loud so played with 1911
lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 pm 

Someone complains: "There is a man shooting a gun at $$$$$$ street" and the ERT will be one their way.

Before you can explain yourself, you will be tasered (probably more than once - they like that), kneed to the ground, cuffed then locked in a car while your house is ransacked and anything they want to take, guns, documents, etc, will be taken while you are transported to the police station and locked up until they can have a look at what they 'found'.

If that can happen to someone because his 5 year old penciled a stick man with a stick gun in Kitchener & said it was her Dad protecting her from monsters, what do you think will happen in Toronto?? He didn't so much as own a BB gun, yet it took hours before he was eventually released. Meanwhile he, his wife and kids were traumatized by this AND his house ransacked by the cops looking for his illegal GUNS!!!!!! They would search a long time & tear about antyign apart they thought necessary to find hidden guns, as he had no registered guns on file, so MUST be a criminal, afterall, his 5 year old indicated he had a handgun.

If someone complains, they were disturbed by your actions, or they would not have called the Police. Thus, the charge is "Possession of a WEAPON, dangerous to the PUBLIC PEACE". That it isn't a real gun, does not matter. They will add to that charge - "Dishcharge of a Firearm Within a Municipality" and "Dangerous use of Firearm".

The news will say "derailed' was arrested today for spraying bullets around his back yard at *** St., making his neighbours dive into their basements for cover and call the police". "Charged with possession of a Dangerous Weapon" as well as "Dishcharge of a Firearm Within a Municipality", "Dangerous use of Firearm" He will be remanded in custody until his trial.

They may drop the phony firearms charges for a "guilty plea" on the possession charge. That is called plea bargaining. Or - they will make the non-pal guns they find, diesel using oil, or lighter fluid or a squirt of ether, just to get the speed up high enough to turn them into firearms and then go with those charges as well. You see, firearms charges by the Toronto Police Force would show that they're cracking down on the illegal guns and those stats are quite highly desired by many police forces, not just Toronto - think about the QPP, or Montreal or Quebec city forces.

Personally, I'd rather not give them an excuse to invade my privacy. Shooting in the basement is a much better idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm 

Daryl wrote:
If that can happen to someone because his 5 year old penciled a stick man with a stick gun in Kitchener & said it was her Dad protecting her from monsters, what do you think will happen in Toronto?? He didn't so much as own a BB gun, yet it took hours before he was eventually released. Meanwhile he, his wife and kids were traumatized by this AND his house ransacked by the cops looking for his illegal GUNS!!!!!! They would search a long time & tear about antyign apart they thought necessary to find hidden guns, as he had no registered guns on file, so MUST be a criminal, afterall, his 5 year old indicated he had a handgun.
He had a previous conviction which prohibited him from owning any kind of weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm 

lol
i'm glad i'm not in toronto
neighbors don't mind here
cops wave
we as neighbors work together
heck, i got one that checks up on me to see if i got anything new
says i'm never boring with all my toys
i do respect them
i won't use the noisy ones
lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm 

I live in a city.
I shoot in my basement.
That way, I have no problems with my beloved hobby :wink:

Gilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm 

it is safest and best way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm 

Muhamor wrote:
Daryl wrote:
He had a previous conviction which prohibited him from owning any kind of weapons.

Didn't hear that in the news. Even so, it still does not excuse the excessive force used, nor the trauma to his family caused by the police. I think I would want to see that record myself, before I believed the 'previous' conviction, unless it was actually brought forward by the Police as the reason for their use of excessive force and detention of that child's father.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm 

I live in the GTA and yes, the airgun selection at all the big box stores (walmart/CT) is almost non-existant, no doubt due to local by-laws.

The Canadian Tire in Vaughan (near Hwy 7/Bayview) is the only Canadian Tire I've found in the GTA that actually stocks stocks a decent selection of airguns. I guess they are far enough to not be considered part of the GTA. Although you are still better off shopping online since the prices there are expensive.