Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:27 am 

Does anyone know of a place to purchase MTC Optics scopes in Canada? I'm really interested in the MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32, but can't seem to find a way to get it into Canada! Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:55 pm 

MTC "Viper" series optics are NOT SOLD in Canada or the USA due to a ruling that they were in violation of the act regarding Trademark infringments. Seems that "VIPER" is a registered trademark of a LESSER-KNOWN Optics manufacturer.

As such, you can only get MTC thru the UK or South Africa. The problem here however is that
no company can ship out of the UK any scope over 4x without an export permit for that item,
the problem is in finding a company in the UK that will take the time to do the paper work to sell you an MTC scope. I had such a problem a couple of years ago....found SWILLINGTON in the UK would do it for me.....the process can take up to 8 weeks and you will be sent forms to sign and email back to them.....check out the recent post - getting scopes out of the USA
titled: "Banned Shipments". I was so peeved about this......I made it worthwhile....bought 2 MTC scopes....both appreared on the same set of forms.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:14 pm 

Airgunsource might start selling MTC Viper. Trenier in Wisconsin sells MTC.
Optisan you can get in Langley at that Specialty Shooting Sports place. Might have the name wrong, but they're good peeps. Some have MTC glass I've heard.

C.E. ProChrono
Caldwell "The Rock" benchrest
Beeman break barrel for shooting bullfrogs
TenPoint Stealth FX Crossbow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:23 pm 

Yep, Optisan and MTC are basically one and the same.

https://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutd ... tisan.html

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:56 am 

I've bought some targets and supplies from Specialty Shooting Sports. Seem like good peeps.
The new MTC Viper Pro apparently had some problems with side focus and all have been sent back to MTC.
Really attracted to the geared turrets of the Viper Pro. Not a big fan of hold over or under. I don't see how guys like Tedsholdover can do it!
Obviously practice practice practice. But that requires time time time!
So the appeal of the geared turrets - for me - is saved time.
I know Airgunsource is looking at selling MTC stuff. SSSO seems to carry Optisan. Not sure why they don't carry the MTC stuff too.
I'll continue to look into it.
Thanks

C.E. ProChrono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:50 am 

Airgunsource is going to carry MTC scopes.
The Brexit vote could impact this. Lower cost to Canadians? Hard to say
The MTC Viper Pro was recalled due to issues with side focus. Should be available in August, I hear.
I very much wanna get one!!!

C.E. ProChrono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:02 am 

This is the scope I mounted on my Condor .25. It appears to be a very well made scope & is listed as being suitable for any rifle up to and including a .5 Browning.

https://specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors ... oduct_info

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:18 am 

I really like the MtC Viper because you can create your own turret labels. It's very clever how they did it.
Printing the label itself might be a whole 'nuther story though.
My daughter, who has incredible eyesight, shot my gun the other day with the Hawke Varmint 3X12 scope on it.
Benchrest. Caldwell The Rock BR. Pretty stable.
She started out shooting the regular target and hitting the bull every time. Then she started shooting at a BC Liquors receipt! She would call out the letter on the receipt and nailed it every time. This is at 32 yards. The letters couldn't have been much over 3/32nd inches - if that. They were about 2/3rds of half as big as the JSB 25 Cal King Heavy pellets!
My new revelation? Work on my eyesight.
I need to switch to contacts, or shooting without glasses (mine are progressive trifocals).
It was humbling! Anyone have any ideas which works better? Contacts? No glasses?
Maybe Lasiks or whatever it is!
Still wanna get the MTC Viper Pro though for the ability to create turret labels.
I don't understand why no one hasn't created an automated scope yet. Would be relatively easy. Punch in a distance and it automatically scrolls to hold-over/under. Wouldn't have to weigh very much. Gibson did it on their guitars maybe ten years ago, so the servos can be quite lightweight.

C.E. ProChrono