Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GTA airgun club with range
Yes I would pay membership and take part in a GTA airgun only club with regular access to 50 ft range. 60%  60%  [ 29 ]
Not now but good luck. 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Man I wish I lived in the GTA. 21%  21%  [ 10 ]
No. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 am 

Their used to be one in Ajax, but I am sure it is long gone. It closed years ago, and I dont know if anyone ever re-opened it.
UCCC had a gun range as well, but it is way long gone. If I lived in TO I would go for it but I live in the middle of nowhere and can shoot in my yard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:50 am 

Thank's for the reply, now I understand :idea: better. I am just a little bit over 5hrs drive from you :evil: . Wish you my best of luck, I hope you will succed. I wish you were closer, because I would be very interested. 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:07 am 

appleb,
Of course it will be a question of cost at some point.
I know ballpark what the basic start up would be for rent, insurance and incorporation.
As a start up the "founding members" may have to bear a little more weight while memerbship grows. Or those who have a little more funds available could plant some seed money to be returned with increased membership, fund raisers etc. Lots to work out but....
Even the number I have currently in my head is not so bad when I put it into the context of how much is or can be spent on the guns and toys themselves. And it allows us to get together, make freinds, have a live "forum" and shoot legally longer indoors year round........
Potential members should consider those things before balking too much at any discussion of membership fees.
All I need now is to gather a count of people serious enought to say yes to the "idea" before worrrying about if they can afford it. Once I get a critical mass of interest we will talk money and of course some will fall away but that is to be expected. but as I say it isnt a cheap sport and I think the cost for range access will pale in comparision to what else we do or can spend money on to play or compete.

gpittman,
For sure! the idea would be to network the club with others and see where things take us.
And yup I think we would love to be a range away from home for travelling folks. If anyone travels far to get to Toronto there must a reason..and not always a fun one.... and a chance to blow off some air I am sure would be welcome!

more info to come as I have sent some recent questions to the range and will report back with more details.

Spread the word please.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:37 am 

I'd definitely join up!
It would be great to have a weekly meet up with fellow air gunners, and shoot in a safe environment.

I know this is jumping ahead, but it would be cool if people(if interested) would through say $5 in a pot at the beginning of the night, at the end of the night the air gunner with the best shot, grouping or whatever wins the pot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:53 am 

Logtec,
Thanks for the enthusiasm.
For sure we can do all kinds of stuff to make it a good night out. Once we are a club then we can run any way we want.
From all my research it is very rare for airguns in Toronto to have a full night every week in a range so this is a great opportunity for us.

Further to questions about membership costs I am sure we can look at graduated memberships which allow for full or limited access to the range nights etc. if that helps build a base membership. Even family membership for those in the are with kids/spouses getting into the sport. Lots of possibilites.

Spread the word.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:40 pm 

UPDATE:

There is some but limited storage space negotiable on the range for our own 10m set ups.

Club range hours for other clubs currently 6-10 pm but are negotiable. I would like to see 6-11.

When I hit 20 serious interest on the poll then we talk off line for real.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:13 pm 

I'm all for it Plinkercases!! You got my vote. 50 feet of shooting space definitely beats the 20 ft I'm working with now. Thanks for starting this up! I just PM a few GTA residents on this Forum to see if they might be interested.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm 

would they have a problem with me sighting in airsoft on the range, not just airguns?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:35 pm 

Plinkercases i was wondering if you knew anything more about the type of targets you plan on using.Like i said i am interested if there will be reactive targets.You know,to keep us bigger kids happy :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 pm 

nooblord,
I dont think "they" the range (edit) WONT care as long as we sweep up after ourself or trap everything and bag it out. steel or plastic BB's or Pellets.
As for "they" they club members....I dont think at this point we can start to already exlcude air powered weapons based on velocity or ammo.....it just nice to get an air range! be a founding member and help set the club charter, guidelines and proceedures. An non-discriminating airgun club!! of course just like the steel and lead throwers you would not be able to bring a friend as a target..........

twister,
I have asked the range about non-paper bull targets and traps etc. and am waiting for a response. I can only assume their concern would be projectile containment. But if can show them some of the traps with ducks and spinners and playing cards etc and prove the non paper targets that are not mounted on a back stop wont cause richoches all over the range and take out flourecent lights etc then I think would be OK. Why not email me some pictures of the various types you want to play with some verbage about containment and I will pass it on to help them see what we are talking about. definitely into the realm of BYOT....as I say there is limited storage and we would want to use that for foldup stuff. Plus you want to take your toys home for the other 6 days of the week.

6 more votes an we go off line as a group to start....I am getting all tingly here!

Spread the word.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:58 pm 

megiddo65

great news thanks.
6 more serious yes votes and we can start talking details off line.
stay tuned.
Spread the word.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Plinkercases wrote:
UPDATE:

When I hit 20 serious interest on the poll then we talk off line for real.

Build it and they will come. LOL

Easier said than done I know. Not knowing the costs of rent, insurance or anything else that may be involved, I wonder if it is possible to do a short term trial run to gauge interest. I know a lot of guys will hum and haw, but once they see and hear about the fun the members are having it will grow. I remeber the Waterdown shows kept getting bigger and better as they went, such a shame they are no more.

I think once there are some real numbers, more details there may be more interest. I am also convinced that if it gets up and running people will be more than willing to check it out. But it is the whole chicken and the egg thing, just with guns and money.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am 

Hi Plinkercases,

You got my vote. Let me know how it goes!

Take care,

NIGHTHAWK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 pm 

Nighthawk thanks!

5 more to go.

Spread the word.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 pm 

CLARIFICATION:

I just realise that between the title of the post and one of the questions it may seem like the intention is to limit membership to those who live in GTA proper...NOT TRUE.

I am sure membership would open to anyone willing to pay their dues and the drive in to Toronto to shoot.

As I say it is just off the DVP so nto hard to get to.

Hope that bumps the interest. 5 more......

Spread the word.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next