Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GTA airgun club with range
Yes I would pay membership and take part in a GTA airgun only club with regular access to 50 ft range. 60%  60%  [ 29 ]
Not now but good luck. 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Man I wish I lived in the GTA. 21%  21%  [ 10 ]
No. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:47 pm 

UPDATE:

Counting myself and one off forum party we are now at 17 interested.

3 more and we get going.

Spread the word.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:58 pm 

I would guess that alot of the people who hit "Yes" are just saying that they want a range, and would not actually commit to it when pressed for membership fees...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm 

well Noon buddy,

Of course but hence the indiction of a need to be serious.

We cant talk fees until we have enough founding members counted to divide the start up costs. (and responsibilites)

We cant talk about that until we hit 20 as thats seem to be the sweet spot for reasonable fees versus start up costs. If people bail the remainder can then decide how to proceed or ...scrap it.

For this to die on the drawing board is a shame if people are just afraid/reticent/reluctant (what ever) to enter into the conversation and take it to the next real level.

There is no commitment until the group commits. period.

And I make zero and will pay membership too if that is what people are worried about. I just want to shoot longer and with others. period...I am suprised there arent more than 15 (#16 is ME) others with the reached of the don valley parkway who feel the same.

Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Search the forum for how any posts are about or end up about how people complain about the laws and want to know where to shoot in the city.

This is real, legal, and there is motivated proactive range, and the costs as far as I know and have bounced of others are very reasonable for dedicated, weekly (save one night every second week), private range use. We coudl be buildign soemthign fro our kids to be involved with ...instead of goofign around on the streets, and advance teh sport adn awarenss and all that good stuff.

the range has mentioned it may be upgrading its facilities and this may also be why they are motivated to us involved to help raise capital and wouldn't it be nice to be on the ground floor as a group with input on how to design a new range with AG in mind.....

Man I may have read the tone of the forum wrong. I hope not. If people really really need to see a number then I may be forced to put one up and then stand up to the flack if it isnt the final number. Jump in and lets see what happens.....

Spread the word.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 am 

COUNT UPDATE

I was inspired(?) to post the idea on another forum and have already gotten one direct hit on yes there so we are at 18 now...come on lads 2 more! and off we go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 am 

WE ARE THERE!

We just got number 18 on the forum and I have 2 offline so we are at 20. Meantime I think I scored another hit with the sales guy at princess auto in scarborough who sold me a bunch of corsman wad cutters at 3 buck off a tin of 250....double score. I also talked to a forum friend tonight before finding out about the new 2. He was not sure but is now more convinced and he will also talk to a friend so we may hit 23 by weeks end. I will wait until Monday and then all who are in by then are the "founders" and we will close the forum discussion and we can decide about when we open up for memberships again and how to do that.

So here are some answers from questions:

Question - Can we bring in interactive targets (i.e. spinners and knock down stuff) and not just paper bullseyes?
Range Answer - As long as its safe, and it doesn't interfere with other shooting activities it should be fine. We, of course, reserve final approval until we see the plans.

Question - Can we use semi auto and repeating guns?
Range Answer - No problem.

And a Range Question - The big question is the 500 fps limit. If your members wish to shoot above 500 fps, I believe you will need to form a gun club recognized by the CFO. But check with them first.
My Answer -If we decide as a group we want to be open to PAL class guns we will apply for recognition by the CFO. I have already started conversations with the CFO and am receiving information as we speak so the group can make a informed decision. If we decide to start as non-PAL the range will take us in with only incorporation. We could start that way and then move up to PAL class or start PAL from the get go. Founding members to decide but I suspect we will start PAL friendly from the start and get it over with with the CFO. The Range has said if we stay nonPAL they count on use to self police the restriction.

So wow we are getting closer to trying to take this to the next step. Very exciting!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am 

If it turns out o be in East side of To, then please count me in, fees and everything!
I live in Ajax, have a PAL and one magnum gun, but also have several bellow 500, that I like to shoot, so it would be great.

Good luck with this great project.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am 

sounds great Murray! If we've got all 20 now hopefully we can get this up and running real soon :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm 

Baretto,

It is east just east of the great divide..the Don Valley. Easy to get to from 401 and QEW/lakeshore.

So if that works throw up a yes.

I would say by Monday when I call for emails we will have almost 25.

I am also getting pings from shooters outside teh City who look froward to visiting and shootin (the litter) and even partaking in matches etc.

It like the forum coming live.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 pm 

In case anyone doesn't see it, Plinkercases has posted a call for contact info from those who expressed an interest:

topic58845.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 am 

EverHopeful wrote:
In case anyone doesn't see it, Plinkercases has posted a call for contact info from those who expressed an interest:

topic58845.html

Thanks i just sent my email

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:13 am 

Hi guys

I voted "not now" because I'm in wild west Mississauga and I know I wouldn't be able to get to the DVP area Toronto range if it would only be available one day a week. With full week access I'd be interested.

Great initiative thou! Best of luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 am 

j2k2....a private airgun range is the next logical step and I am already looking into it with the CFO etc. but that will take lots of time. Stay tuned and come visit some Monday! Thanks for the encouragement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 am 

Hi All,

I'M IN! :D

I really appreciate that Plinkercases has presented a great initiative.

It also would be really fun to have an August airgun weekend. Two days on private property. Include a swap meet, a target shooting competition, demonstrations (kidnap Mike K. from BC & MrMarvin) :) , try out other guns, campfire, music...

People from everywhere would be able to attend.

I think we would need some Field Marshalls for this...

gunsnrows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 am 

gunsnrows
Thanks man.
send me an email at maker@plinkercases.ca adn I will put you on the founder distribution list.
As for a weekend out...once we are club that is a great idea. I do have property outside of the city so nothing is impossible....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm 

gunsnrows wrote:
Hi All,

I'M IN! :D

I really appreciate that Plinkercases has presented a great initiative.

It also would be really fun to have an August airgun weekend. Two days on private property. Include a swap meet, a target shooting competition, demonstrations (kidnap Mike K. from BC & MrMarvin) :) , try out other guns, campfire, music...

People from everywhere would be able to attend.

I think we would need some Field Marshalls for this...

gunsnrows

No coffee ? If theres not coffee i will not attend :drinkers: sorry im a coffee addicted

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next