Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm 

Wow! In honor of Easter I came out of my cave into the light today!!!

I set up on a neat little folding picnic table on sale from CT which did the job unit l I can build a real out door shooting bench.

Set up 2 Gamo knock down squirrels and 4 of their face plate buddies I made in to my own little "ding and wave" targets which worked great. The Benjamin classic 22 made them ding, fall and wave the flag and the Ruger Nighthawk 177 made them ding which I could hear even with my plugs in. The Benjamin bothered my ear more outside then inside for some reason so I plugged up.

I was at 28 paces... so just about 90 feet with a slight cross wind left to right. I had both zeroed in the house at 10m but re-zeroed both again at about 45 feet then just shot away at 90. ...to impatient to zero again at 90 I just adjusted poa by poi a little...

I had the daisy scope that came with the 953 on the ruger and it sucked (fuzzy targets) at the range I was at but still....I was dinging about 50 % of the time which made me happy since I hadn't shot that long ever. I finally found the scope it came with and looked down range and it would have been far more focused so I am swapping them out tomorrow. The Benjamin scope seemed to be just fine . I was knocking the little fella over about 75%. The CT spotting scope same as was on sale this weekend worked great at 45 feet but I could get focus at 90 and as has been mentioned on another post it take for fiddling with the eye peace and angel etc. to get a full field of view on the lenses but I am glad I had it for the mid range zero.

I shot for about 2.5 hours and just loved it. I can see how once you get out of the basement you start to long for something that goes farther faster harder........ But I had a real good time long range plinking and am looking forward to getting my browning under lever scoped and try it out outside.

Attachments:
IMG-20140420-01070.jpg
IMG-20140420-01070.jpg [ 96.23 KiB | Viewed 1381 times ]
IMG-20140420-01069.jpg
IMG-20140420-01069.jpg [ 142.14 KiB | Viewed 1381 times ]
IMG-20140420-01067.jpg
IMG-20140420-01067.jpg [ 85.61 KiB | Viewed 1381 times ]

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm 

doesn't that make for a nice day :D

like you i spent hours outside, very relaxing indeed, i do want to buy some of those knock down squirrels, in the meantime, i'll make due with spent CO2 cartridges

i saw you mentioned a Browning underlever, if its the leverage, you might want to try those JSB heavies, they worked for me at the distance you're shooting at....just saying

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:03 pm 

Looks like you had a great day Murray!!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:05 pm 

I didn't shoot today...I went out to check out on Toner who was deep in the woods on one of his epic 4 day squirrel hunts...lol. If it's nice this week I'm gonna sneak outta some work and do some shooting.

Nice farm there to shoot around Murray!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm 

Thanks guys and yes its the leverage so I will try to get some of those pellets sooner than later. I can push out to 100 maybe 150 before my firing line will be in view of the road which is what I am avoiding by hiding behind the drive shed. I don't think I can do much more than that with the sub500 pea shooters I have. Its enough though. Rather than get further away I can get smaller things to hit so I am still shooting not lobbing pellets!
And yes Vance we are blessed with this place. Its been touch and go over the years but we have hung on to it. There is a nice upper pasture and tree lot that is calling to my GTAC brothers to come and play in it! The house in Toronto is smaller than the shop where I park my little tractor! Everyone should have somewhere they can go to get "space" around their heads the city out of their ears.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 pm 

Nice set-up Murray, wish I had a place to shoot long distances like that.
Today was a perfect day to get out and do some shooting, I'm glad you did it.

Joe