Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New X5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 pm 

Had Stoeger X5 .177 cal delivered Tuesday and added a 3-9x32 Centerpoint scope. Found three pellets doing dime size groups at 10 meters. What should I expect at 15 , 20 , and 25 meters or did I just get a 10 meter rifle ? -----------Papa Smurf

Post subject: Re: New X5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 pm 

Geometry suggests that at 20 meters the three pellet group should be about one inch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:03 pm 

I have one that will do dime size off hand at 10m, but I can't figure out how to consistently shoot it from a rest. I'll have three pellets going into one hole, and the next two will be all over the place.

At 20m I was getting 3-4 inch groups from a rest :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 am 

j2k2 ; When I first got my X5 I was not a bit happy with it . Called Stoeger , called Pyramyd Air told them both I had "JUNK" . The both said send it back they would replace it. Pyramyd gives a 30 day money back , so I what the heck shoot it for a week or two . Reason being so many say it may take up to 500 or more shots to break a air gun in. Got this gun on the 12 th of this month and now I'm getting dime size groups at 15 yds and can hit a tomato paste can at 35 all the time .. Keep shooting and pay attention to trigger control . My X5 came around after about 600 shots. ----------Good luck and Good Shooting to you------------John --AKA--Papa Smurf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:55 pm 

I really like this little rifle . Is there any way to lighten the trigger other than buying a machine shop or a company that makes synthetic lubes ? I just have a few basic tools and a lots of time . ----------------John --AKA --Papa Smurf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:09 pm 

x

Post subject: New X5
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:22 am 

I find the trigger on my Stoeger X5 to be heavy and that there's too much vibration.
Maybe I should take mine apart and try tuning it a bit before selling it.