Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:18 pm 

hey all . there is a bass pro shop opening about one mile away from me in st. Catharines. sign says opening soon. has anybody heard of an actual opening date. I looked at there online store. looks like a lotta good airgun stuff. anybody ever been to one could let me and others know what to look forward too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:21 pm 

November
Cant wait for it to open, Ive always hated the traffic on the drive to Vaughan

http://www.chch.com/bass-pro-shops-fish ... gara-lake/

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:29 pm 

That online line store is American.The in store Canadian selection is much smaller and you need to show your drivers license to purchase them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 pm 

pete wrote:
hey all . there is a bass pro shop opening about one mile away from me in st. Catharines. sign says opening soon. has anybody heard of an actual opening date. I looked at there online store. looks like a lotta good airgun stuff. anybody ever been to one could let me and others know what to look forward too.

Yeah, I can tell you what to expect!
A bunch of retards who don't know sh** from shinola. Take in a powder burner and you're ok. Take in a springer and you might dazzle them a little. Take in a pcp and they're like deer caught in headlights. With that effect, expect to be treated like the DHS just found a mini nuke in your backpack.

Bass could offer me a hummer and 50% off everything and I still wouldn't go back.

$.02

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 am 

I can add to that. I once made the human error of going to the gun counter and asking one of the more experienced, older gentlemen there (not the high school drop outs that roam the floor) where I could find mounts for a picatinny/weaver rail. I got a resounding "we don't do anything tactical here" in a way that it made me feel like I was some sort of criminal that dared touch these evil devices.

Whatta dumbass. And that's not the only unpleasant experience I got from them. I wasted a great deal of time when I a couple of weeks prior had gone to the same counter and explained I'd like to order an item from their website (yes, the US one as there's no Canadian site). Was told that if I was fill a form that they'd have it delivered to their store and it wouldn't cost me anything. Great, I was sure I'd be getting this nifty little pack of red dot, flashlight, laser, for only a couple of bucks more than the listed US price.

2 weeks go by and I get a call from them. Was so excited to hear my package had arrive. Wrong. It was some high school drop out, or as Handyguy puts it, one of their retards telling me that they cannot import the item I was assured they'd have no problems getting when I went to the counter and filled up the paperwork 2 weeks earlier.

Bottom line: don't waste your time. Their selection of airguns is sad. They sell a couple of Crosman air rifles such as the M4-177 for a high price and obviously not a single accessory for it as GOD FORBID this gun uses a picatinny rail. If the above isn't incentive enough to stay away, hehe try their prices for CO2. Highest price in town, even higher than Whole Sports.

Will Capella be any better when they open next year? I doubt it. Based on what I've seen they too have inflated prices.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:22 am 

wow. doesn't sound to promising. oh well i'll go check it out once. if I don't like it I've always got my tsc store which is even closer. they don't have a heck of a lot in there but they have what I need. just bought a pair of workboots on sale there [ made in Canada ] believe it or not. and they treat you great there. thanks everybody. for there input.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:49 am 

Have you tried Erie Trackers? They are newer into gun shop but the couple dealings I have had for guns has been ok. I think they are just delving into airguns last couple of years. My buddy is working on the Bass Proshop building. I;ll ask him if he heard the open date. He just sold them a whack of mounts for display.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 pm 

mooseslayerjc wrote:
Have you tried Erie Trackers? They are newer into gun shop but the couple dealings I have had for guns has been ok. I think they are just delving into airguns last couple of years. My buddy is working on the Bass Proshop building. I;ll ask him if he heard the open date. He just sold them a whack of mounts for display.

Erie is fairly decent but pricey (e.g $14.99 for RWS Hobbies no joke!) great bunch of guys but i cant justify the prices... Ill buy my bait there and ammo will be bought online ;) Sadly thats the only place to get "quality" ammo round here unless your content with Crosmans at C.T or wally-world...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 pm 

Grimsby Tackle has some nice under 500 fps air rifles.