Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Insurance Coverage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 pm 

I've been reading the posts this evening and it's got me thinking about my present home insurance coverage. We all buy insurance when we buy our homes but seldom give it another thought until we need it.

Have any of you increased your insurance coverage to cover your collections?
I'm considering reviewing my policy.

Myself I keep records of my model and serial numbers. Just in case.

Post subject: Re: Insurance Coverage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 pm 

What weve done is taken pictures of every room in our home, so the insurance company can see the quality of things we had should the house burn down or get robbed.
Also take pictures of your expensive items.. like your 50" plasma TV or your gun collection.

I also like to write down the serial number of a gun on the users manual and keep that in a safe place. I do this with power tools too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 pm 

Serial numbers and pictures on a thumb drive along with original receipts. All stored in our documents safe, hidden within the house. Also all the computers and TV, PVR's, my custom chair are recorded and photo'd too. We have a small document safe for documents and passports and immigration paperwork and cash. Two gun safes full of, you guessed it guns and powderburners

I don't have enough value to worry about on Airguns, but the two Kayaks and the mill/lathe are carried on a rider.

I remember it wasn't very much money for piece of mind.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm 

Pardini K10
Brocock Concept .22
Custom RDS Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22
Crosman 400 repeater
HW 75 pistol
Crosman 150 pistol .22
Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

Quote:
I don't have enough value to worry about on Airguns

Anytime you feel like giving away 1 or 2 of your devalued Airguns - just let me know; Rick.

I'll pay for the shipping.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:12 pm 

I don't trust thumb drives. I've had a couple fail on me.
I prefer to keep my records on paper.
It never fails to load or becomes corrupted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:32 pm 

Just email important documents to yourself or use dropbox. Thumb drive/flash memory will fail after a finite amount of cycles. If you only have the memory stick and are worried about email and server security, printing some of those documents might be a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 am 

My coverage says $500 limit on guns. I said some of these are airguns, not firearms. They said a gun is a gun, $500. I said ok, then I want to add more coverage to cover my guns. They said if you want double your coverage your only option is buy two complete policies. $5k coverage would be ten complete policies. Basically they don't want to cover guns... I asked several companies, same answer. This is in the US so maybe you guys are spared this bs. They also cancel you for a large variety of reasons, like owning the wrong kind of dog, having trees/bushes with dead branches. Any leaves from anything that reach over or touch the roof. A hole or broken board in the fence. Broken plaster/stucco. Pothole or any holes in yard. Anything whatsoever that can be tripped over. Weeds, long grass, tall trees. Being next to a neighbor or even city property that has said weeds/grass/trees. Having firewood near the house, or firewood period. Any kind of home improvement or repair work. I'm sure there are many more, those are just the ones I know about.
For records I take pix, with date stamp. Then save it on a backup 2.5" hard drive in a firesafe, AND load it to ADrive.com. Gotta get ADrive, not just for that but anything you don't want to lose. 50Gfor free! All your personal photos, documents etc. Plus all your whatever you need stored.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 pm 

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/a-tow ... open-arms/

“Yes, sir, it’s the law,” says Fred Bentley, the 86-year-old lawyer who, in 1982, drafted the popular bill requiring all heads of household in the Atlanta suburb to pack a firearm with ammunition. “I got my 30-06 rifle, my double-barrelled shotgun, my six-shot revolver. We haven’t been robbed one single time, and we’ve been here 50 years.”