Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 am 

crossliner wrote:
Ratdoc this AA of mine is my 100 meter gun so the key here is consistency..Besides one should familiarize himself w/ his equipment because one of these days it will fail you..Moreover I did not modify it or anything, I just cleaned/polished/lubed it to make it perform better..I love my guns and I just can't imagine taking them to a gunsmith and risk getting it scratched hence this move of mine.

Have you ever tired your gun punching paper w/ a minimum of 10 shots? How is your grouping? I am not talking 20 or 30 meters because that is child's play for the AA, it should be a min of 50 up to 100 meters.

Like I said. Whatever floats your boat. If you think you need to do all that crap to make you're gun work better than have at it. I just think you guys are all nuts. I bought a $1200 airgun so I could just shoot stuff with it and NOT have to screw with it. If I wanted a gun to screw with I'd buy another Crosman product.

Yes I've punched paper with it to see what it will do and 1/2" groups at 50 yards are not a problem. I put 30 shots into 3/4" hole at 60 yards in sept. so as far as I was concerned that is just fine. And as I said before, single digit ES for 20 shots right out of the box. That's consistent enough for me.

No I haven't tried it at 100 yards. If I need to shoot something at 100 yards with my airgun I'll walk 40 or 50 yards and then shoot it. If I really need to shoot it at 100 yards I'll go get my .22LR. If I need to shoot it any further than that I'll get my .223. If I absolutely have to shoot long range with an airgun and I can't do it without stripping it apart I'll get a better airgun that was designed around that goal.

And yes I understand not wanting to take you're gun to someone. I never suggested you should. I was just pointing out that you guys should spend more time shooting and less time trying to make your guns better. And this is by no means just an airgun phenomenon. I see it all the time with powder burners too.

Lots of guys trying to make little tiny holes in paper changing this, polishing that, adding this and removing that from the gun. When really all they need to do is SHOOT MORE, SCREW WITH THE GUN LESS. (Hmmm, I might make that my new sig.) If you really want to be an airgun sniper than practice, practice, practice. 99% of the time targets get missed because of the shooter. Not the gun. Unless you are using a POS which the S510 is not of course. Now if you are one of the 1% guys who shoots the nose off a fly at 100 yards with you're airgun and you REALLY need to polish that hammer to squeeze every last ounce of accuracy out of the gun, then by all means please just disregard my ramblings.

BUT C'mon lets be honest here. The guns shoot fine.You guys just wanna play gunsmith. And again that's ok. My only point was that I think you guys are nuts for doing so. haha. :lol: Cheers have fun. Hopefully you don't screw up a perfectly good gun (seen that way to many times as well, in fact just fixed one for someone, don't worry Alex I won't mention you're name, OOPS.)

When mine breaks in the future I'll be happy to read you're threads. For now I will just continue using it to hit everything I aim it at happy in my ignorance that my gun isn't performing optimally because I didn't polish the hammer, install a regulator, put special lube XYZ in it, sing to it before I put it in the safe at night or whatever else it is you apparently need to do to make these guns work properly. Holy run on sentence batman.

On another note, what are the rules like down there in the Philippines? Are you allowed to have real guns too? If so you should get into reloading. Then you can really drive yourself nuts. lol. Ask me how I know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:58 am 

Hi Ratdoc no need to ramble at all because we are not at war..I was just giving my inputs so need throwing insults but if you need to, say it to those who have offended you but not to me.

Yes we are allowed to own firearms here and I do have two .22 rimfires and firearms w/c you Canadians could not possibly own there but our airgun competition here is up to 100 meters..If you have money here you can own almost any gun but we are not talking about firearms here..Anyway we also put golf balls to a distance of 90 and in fact my shooting bud has almost perfected both..Just 1 miss for each set using his Lothar-barreled local gun. I have beat him again because a few months ago during our festival here I was the 100 meter champion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:57 am 

Hi Abslayer here is my hammer post polish by the plater guy..Gave him a $1 and he was already happy, I mean it's cheap here man lol! I can already see my handsome reflection on it :mrgreen: The hammer speed should now increase to mach 1 :rolleyes:

It was this dirty last night man, a combination of hardened dirt and a bit of rust..

Now fully assembled and ready to rock and roll again :drinkers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:09 am 

crossliner wrote:
Gave him a $1 and he was already happy, I mean it's cheap here man lol!

A whole dollar! That is cheap, isn't it? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 am 

P50 or around $1.15 lol!

A tip for you guys if you intend to machine buff your S5's hammer--because this type of hammer is guided by a rod thru and thru, you must remove traces of oil from its interior section otherwise it will foul up, will appear charred and is very hard to remove..The buffing wheel will heat it up considerably you see so it will appear like an old school frying pan..Been there done that so many years ago..It defeats the purpose of having a super shiney outside when the interior is compromised..What I did was to have a delrin shaft machined and inserted pre buffing to prevent debris from the heated buffing soap and buffing wheel from going inside :drinkers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:32 am 

Ratdoctor we do it because we can and ever air gun and powder burner can always be improved on.

You remind me of a lot of guys after bench-rest powder burners shooting comp I use to shoot in , standing in the corner while trophy's are being handed out , mumbling to them self's they just got more luck than me :( , if only that last bullet would have not drifted off bulls eye // they ask them-self's :( I wonder why that always happen to me and not them guys.

Them guys just did every thing they could to there rifle to make it shoots as best it can and practiced shooting with said rifle JUST to make sure LUCK had nothing to do with winning. :wink:

Crossliner one dollar for all that work :shock: , hell over here it would cost at least $ 50.00 to do that job.

Lets hear it for the MOD guys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am 

abslayer wrote:
Ratdoctor we do it because we can and ever air gun and powder burner can always be improved on.

You remind me of a lot of guys after bench-rest powder burners shooting comp I use to shoot in , standing in the corner while trophy's are being handed out , mumbling to them self's they just got more luck than me :( , if only that last bullet would have not drifted off bulls eye // they ask them-self's :( I wonder why that always happen to me and not them guys.

Them guys just did every thing they could to there rifle to make it shoots as best it can and practiced shooting with said rifle JUST to make sure LUCK had nothing to do with winning. :wink:

Crossliner one dollar for all that work :shock: , hell over here it would cost at least $ 50.00 to do that job.

Lets hear it for the MOD guys

Hi Abs I payed a $ to the polisher and P100/$2.30 to the machinist who made that delrin insert for me. Yes it's cheap for me to have these things made here as I am in constant contact w/ these guys..

This concave ss cap, I had it made for around $4, material included..

This one, the ss silencer adapter for around $5..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am 

I see a business to be had for you.
Have custom parts made where you live and export them with a mark up .
I would be in for some of this work being done for me. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 am 

:roll: lol. Whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am 

:roll: :roll: SEE
ratdoctor wrote:
:roll: lol. Whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 pm 

abslayer wrote:
I see a business to be had for you.
Have custom parts made where you live and export them with a mark up .
I would be in for some of this work being done for me. :wink:

Lol! The shipping is the only thing that is expensive but no I am not interested..I have already given gifts to some of my American friends in the Crosman and blowgun forums..Regards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:29 am 

Got my new Lyman Miro touch electronic powder scale , man this thing works great for weighing pellets.
It is so sensitive even blowing on it a little bit will show up on scale.
Here's :drinkers: to tighter groups 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:52 am 

abslayer wrote:
Got my new Lyman Miro touch electronic powder scale , man this thing works great for weighing pellets.

You will man..I weigh and resize all my pellets..What is your longest distance shooting with that rifle of yours and how did it fare?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am 

crossliner wrote:
abslayer wrote:

You will man..I weigh and resize all my pellets..What is your longest distance shooting with that rifle of yours and how did it fare?

As far as I can shoot in my yard is about 38 yds
Ranges are closed for winter so will have to wait for spring to shoot farther.

My best at 38 yds was a 20 shot group ONE TIME at under 3/8" changes in FPS make this hard to do that is why I am installing a regulator.

I can shoot 5 shot 3/8"groups at 38 yds all day long but ever once in a while them odd flyers screw things up.

That is why I now am weighing my pellets to try and stop that odd flyer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:32 pm 

abslayer wrote:
crossliner wrote:
abslayer wrote:

As far as I can shoot in my yard is about 38 yds
Ranges are closed for winter so will have to wait for spring to shoot farther.

My best at 38 yds was a 20 shot group ONE TIME at under 3/8" changes in FPS make this hard to do that is why I am installing a regulator.

I can shoot 5 shot 3/8"groups at 38 yds all day long but ever once in a while them odd flyers screw things up.

That is why I now am weighing my pellets to try and stop that odd flyer.

Good luck man..I fill mine to 150 bar and get 10 very consistent shots..My S5 likes a local brand of pellets called Super Zero as well as JSBs and AAs but I resize them because our pellets here are bigger in diameter compared to imported ones. This SZ can do ragged holes up to 50 meters and they are cheap..

This coming Sunday we will have our 100 meter showdown.. I will post pics of our 1" - 1.75" targets, 25 targets all in all..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next