Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 am 

My local forest city surplus is selling both of them, and I personally would enjoy a 1911 replica. Both look the same and work the same and I was wondering if they were the same product but with different branding? I personally enjoy the modern coloring of the blackwater but I also enjoy the classic design of the tangfolio.

What do the forums think?

Optimus air rifle.
Daisy model 840 grizzly.
Vigilante Co2 revolver.
Crosman 1377.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 am 

Greetings CheekiBreeki

I have both and love them both. The backwater is a little "thicker" in the hand for lack of a better word. Also I put a set of rubber finger grips on it and it is a joy to hold and shoot. if you ever plan to add lights or sighting aids then the blackwater is the only way to go. the witness is as you say just the classic and a hoot to shoot.... whether you know it or not you are really just deciding which one to get.. FIRST. you will end up with both.......

(suggestion - post as little intro in the introduction section so we can get to know you..)

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:53 pm 

Quote:
CheekiBreeki wrote
My local forest city surplus is selling both of them, and I personally would enjoy a 1911 replica. Both look the same and work the same and I was wondering if they were the same product but with different branding? I personally enjoy the modern coloring of the blackwater but I also enjoy the classic design of the tangfolio.

Mechanically these two pistols are identical. They are manufactured by the same manufacturer KWC in Taiwan and sold unbranded as the KWC KMB-76AHN (Tanfoglio Witness 1911, Swiss Arms 1911 or Remington 1911 RAC) and KWC KMB-77AHN (Blackwater).
I have both of them and it seems to me that the Blackwater has a bit stronger recoil although it may be subjective.
Go for the one which pleases your aesthetics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:30 pm 

rav wrote:
Quote:
CheekiBreeki wrote

Mechanically these two pistols are identical. They are manufactured by the same manufacturer KWC in Taiwan and sold unbranded as the KWC KMB-76AHN (Tanfoglio Witness 1911, Swiss Arms 1911 or Remington 1911 RAC) and KWC KMB-77AHN (Blackwater).
I have both of them and it seems to me that the Blackwater has a bit stronger recoil although it may be subjective.
Go for the one which pleases your aesthetics.

I'll go with the blackwater then, maybe I'll get the witness later when I start getting some more classic looking airguns.

Optimus air rifle.
Daisy model 840 grizzly.
Vigilante Co2 revolver.
Crosman 1377.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:55 pm 

Quote:
CheekiBreeki
I'll go with the blackwater then, maybe I'll get the witness later when I start getting some more classic looking airguns.

If you really think that you may buy the Witness later then I’d advise to buy the unmarked KWC KMB-76AHN directly from KWC, without all those white idiot-markings. Surplus IG (http://www.surplusig.com/) sells those pistols. They are a bit more expensive but they really have a very convincing classic look. I’m a collector-shooter and I always buy from them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:59 pm 

rav wrote:
Quote:
CheekiBreeki

If you really think that you may buy the Witness later then I’d advise to buy the unmarked KWC KMB-76AHN directly from KWC, without all those white idiot-markings. Surplus IG (http://www.surplusig.com/) sells those pistols. They are a bit more expensive but they really have a very convincing classic look. I’m a collector-shooter and I always buy from them.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Optimus air rifle.
Daisy model 840 grizzly.
Vigilante Co2 revolver.
Crosman 1377.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:00 pm 

I have both of them (well 2 of each) one untouch and one polished or just paint stripped, I played a bit by exchanging different parts and so far everything has worked and fit perfect. Even the slide's work when switched one another. As for shooting can't say, only dry fired the Blackwater, seem's a wee bit louder but not sure...

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm 

I have the KWC 1911 tac and it's great.......no markings anywhere.It was about 40 dollars more but worth it!!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:01 am 

diddly dang doodle!
What a coincidence!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:24 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
diddly dang doodle!
What a coincidence!

CheekiBreeki was a temporary "appeal account", it was removed/banned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 pm 

windshields wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
diddly dang doodle!
What a coincidence!

And what might that be for?

:?:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:48 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
windshields wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
diddly dang doodle!
What a coincidence!

And what might that be for?

:?:

I was told that it was for posting about airsoft, I don't think we're allowed to talk about moderator actions though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:53 pm 

windshields wrote:
I was told that it was for posting about airsoft, I don't think we're allowed to talk about moderator actions though.

Sure - they just love being talked about!

You should be OK to talk about airsoft in the CAF Bar & Grill.

:?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 pm 

Why not get both the Blackwater and the Tanfoglio?
I did.

Seriously they are almost identical, the magazines are interchangeable.
Except that the Blackwater is all black and has an accessory rail beneath for a flashlight, laser or an accessory rail plus the sights are easier to see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:35 pm 

SureShot wrote:
Why not get both the Blackwater and the Tanfoglio?
I did.

Seriously they are almost identical, the magazines are interchangeable.
Except that the Blackwater is all black and has an accessory rail beneath for a flashlight, laser or an accessory rail plus the sights are easier to see.

I'm probably going to get the blackwater, looks a bit more fancy. :wink: