Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Mission FT Shoot
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 pm 

I know but it comes off real quick. I was messing about with balance and hold and realized my aim was steadier when stranding with a fist in this same location. Figured there was a reason FT guys had the larger forearms and hamsters so I mocked this up. It will not be there for competitions.

I am enjoying HFT though. Realized at the end of the last comp that I had not been playing by some of the rules. For now on it's by the book. Even been working on my shooting positions at home. Getting there.

More to come....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:07 pm 

Sometimes I shoot off the chair with no stick. That is only when my legs are sore. But most of the time I like to shoot off my sitting cushion(shooting seat).

See I like to shoot what they call WFT ( World Field Target)

Rules are 12 foot pounds(150m/s or 800f/s)

That's why I shoot a 12fp gun.

In 2013 I shot in the Worlds in Germany. The main reason why I shot in the Worlds was to learn as much as possible. I did very bad in the competition, but the knowledge that was learned over the 3 days is invaluable. This was my score day 1, 11/50 day 2 17/50 day 3 22/50,
every day I got a bit better. I must say Mark Basette helped me a lot a lot. He gave me advice for how much holdover and under. On the third day I set my scope to 0 which is 25y. For the long shots out to 54m I had a 4.5 dot holdover, at 50 power. That helped me to shoot the target up hill to basically aim the target at the bottom of the kill zone. Not easy but eventually I got it right. Took me 3 rounds to understand the whole concept of shooting up hill and down hill.

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm 

Biagio I find it impressive that you stepped up and competed at such a level. Well done. I am also impressed that you take the time to help others along. Thank you.

Kelly was also very kind to spend tie advising me last time out. Others have stepped up to. You are all a great bunch of guys. Thanks to all.

I have a ways to go and I know that. I always start slow and work my way into things. I educate myself and practice. I love to learn. I love to shoot.

For now my crappy little Stoeger will keep me in good stead. I know I will need to step up to better gear but I am in no rush. For now my garage 10 meter range is teaching me a lot but I need to start shooting longer distances. It will all come with time. I just need to let it happen.

More to come....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:05 pm 

At the end of the month I'll bring my tape, practice board, and my notes. Oh don't forget your note book, and something to write with.

See You guys all on the 29th of March, only 3 weeks to go.

Biagio