Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:23 pm 

I hope on getting a youth P.A.L with my Dad who'll be getting one as well for hunting.
We hope on getting four guns, two shotguns for bear defense, a .22 rifle for wild turkey hunting, and a 9mm carbine just for sport.
Thought I'd say.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 pm 

windshields wrote:
I hope on getting a youth P.A.L with my Dad who'll be getting one as well for hunting.
We hope on getting four guns, two shotguns for bear defense, a .22 rifle for wild turkey hunting, and a 9mm carbine just for sport.
Thought I'd say.

A shotgun or two are good for small game hunting. A .22 can be good for that too, and for target shooting, plinking, and "sport". Are you anticipating bear problems? You will find you need to use a shotgun for wild turkeys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:34 pm 

Congrats. I can barely remember doing mine when I was 15. I think I had to wait til I was 16 to take the test.
That was 42 years ago.
The last time I had renewed my hunting license was in '83 (I think) but I miraculously kept that piece of paper over all those years and so I renewed it without an issue two years ago. But I could only hunt with a bow since I didn't have a PAL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:52 pm 

Congrats. It won't B that hard.

Gamo Compact
Gamo .177, BSA Contender 4-16x40mm (Son's)
Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk .177 Centerpoint 3-9x32mm (Son's)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
windshields wrote:
Thought I'd say.

A shotgun or two are good for small game hunting. A .22 can be good for that too, and for target shooting, plinking, and "sport". Are you anticipating bear problems? You will find you need to use a shotgun for wild turkeys.

:bear:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm 

Congrats, i just love my 9mm kelTec it's a decent shooter and if you leave it as is (unlike what i did lol) it's easy storage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm 

kobs wrote:
Congrats, i just love my 9mm kelTec it's a decent shooter and if you leave it as is (unlike what i did lol) it's easy storage

olord jeebus what is that thing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:48 pm 

A kelTec 9mm carbine non restricted lol usually it folds but this one i have to get the forhand off to do so

Started out like this for around $600