Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:24 pm 

Started late riding and racing. Was around 16 when I got into dirt bikes. Did a few MX and Enduro races. There was a three year spell were I was always riding. Had a track around the house and one a minute up the road. Briefly had a stret bike but wisely sold it. I spent more time flat tracking it on dirt roads that pavement. Lucky to survive three months and traded it in on another MX bike. Another followed... By 87 I hung up my helmet for a few years....

Never raced but I street rode BMX way back in the early 80's. Dabbled with it again in my late 30's. After a few crashes I walked away.... I was starting motorcycle racing. Joined the WMRC and dabbled in that for six years. Prefer racing older two stroke twins and big 4stroke singles. Nothing like a light and agile bike. Still have a 50cc mini road racer I take out every few years. Imagin motorcycle go karting and you get the idea. That and a Mini-Trail 50 and Husqvarna XC430 are all that remain of my thinned 9 bike collection. Bought and sold over 20 till now. They come, they go.

When racing with the WMRC I had the pleasure of hanging out with Paul Bodie of Brodie Bikes. He was racing Vintage at the time. Ran into him last year at Iocco riding Trials. Very talented rider and fabricator. A real craftsman.

This getting old sucks! Ha ha! We're all big kids on this form. Dispite our grey hairs....

More to come....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 pm 

Paul did a lovely job brazing a pair of Campagnolo dropouts into my Ritchey comp frame when I cracked the originals going over too big a jump. Guy sure can work liquid bronze. I went on to braze and machine for a living for a year at Synchros sometime later. Small world stuff eh?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 am 

But back to the topic at hand.

Three more sleeps till Sunday! Can't wait.

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 am 

Yeah. Shooting good. Work not good. Me happy be shooting soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:00 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
Yeah. Shooting good. Work not good. Me happy be shooting soon.

That's about where my brain's at right now... I pre-pumped my cylinders, can't wait to get out there! Work is ROUGH right now.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:21 pm 

I can't wait any more. It is only 2 days to go. I've got my gazebo, tables and all my stuff is ready to go.

My migraines have been killing me all week long. Hopefully I'll see you guys Sunday.

In any case I'll try to make it out Sunday.

Biagio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm 

What time are you guys showing up? I'll meet you at the gate. Last time it took me 15 to get in.

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:38 pm 

NFG wrote:
What time are you guys showing up? I'll meet you at the gate. Last time it took me 15 to get in.

Right at 9. Wayne was there to open the gate for me. Pm for further details!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm 

I will be there for nine then Rick. See you Sunday guys!

Spent a bit of time practicing with my new seat and mono set-up. The garage floor makes it interesting. Shot 8 the Mono slipped out from under me. I then rushed 9. Strange not shooting off my bench set-up. Looking forward to seeing how this all works in the field..

I know I suck but that will spur me on. Looking forward to some longer shots during the warm up session.

And Rick don't forget that breech.

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:23 pm 

That's looking really promising. I've been working on my stance a bit, but no real practice unfortunately. I have a feeling that NFG is going to be the one to chase!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:21 pm 

I wish I had the time and place in Abbotsford to practice.

Can't wait for the indoor range in Langley to be finished! Dustin said it would be about 4-6 weeks, but from what I saw it would be a bit longer. Huge place! 150' on one side with 16 lanes. The other side is police or SWAT during the week, weekend they will open it up to IPSC and such. Membership is $320 a year! Spends, but it is shoot all you want. They'll have powder burner rentals of all sorts including .50 BMG! Think I might get the membership as it is only 17 minutes from work in Aldergrove! Also need to check into Langley Rod and gun and see if they are accepting members or what?

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:22 pm 

NFG wrote:
I will be there for nine then Rick. See you Sunday guys!

Spent a bit of time practicing with my new seat and mono set-up. The garage floor makes it interesting. Shot 8 the Mono slipped out from under me. I then rushed 9. Strange not shooting off my bench set-up. Looking forward to seeing how this all works in the field..

I know I suck but that will spur me on. Looking forward to some longer shots during the warm up session.

And Rick don't forget that breech.

And RVA?

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 am 

Would love one Rick but funds aren't there till mid month. Bills to pay and I've grown accustomed to eating every now and then. Ha ha!

I am looking forward to the steel breech. The 2240 is such a solid pistol and I hear the breech really makes it solid. I am on tweaking the trigger a bit more while I have it apart. I polished the sear already but it still feels "creepy". Would like to get rid of some of the side play. I hear tell of a mod that envoles a RC bearing.

This is going to end badly. Can you say "money pit". The wife needs to start working more...... I'm almost finished an overnight (10pm-10am) babysitting shift. Film crew up on my roof. At least the rain held off.

More to come....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:13 pm 

Where is this new Club in Langley?

I used to be a member at the Langley Rod and gun. The only shooting that is done is shotguns, and air rifles below 500 fps. The club's property is huge, 40+ acres. Behind the main burm there is a second one behind it, and even bigger one. We had about 25 guys who wanted to start a .22 lr metallic silhouette range. They had over 100m for a range, even approved by the FAC at the time. Tried to talk to the board members, but they didn't want to know anything about a shooting range on the outside. They always said that they are a shot gun range mainly, everything else comes in third or worse. I quit being a member there about 7 years ago.

I love being a member at Mission rod and gun, since you can shoot almost every discipline there is, and if there is no sport that you shoot, they are always open to start a new type of shooting sport. Plus the property is huge over 80 acres. A perfect place for more to come. I have to say I love Mission Rod and gun, it is too bad it's a little out of the way for me. I still like to move there one or other time, or as soon as I win the Lottery.

Biagio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:15 pm 

Well that was fun. Scot and I had to leave at noon due to work. But it was well worth the trip even with the rain. We stayed down at the archery rage to stay dry. I was good with that. Had some good results with the Stoeger out to about 30 meters. Not perfect but with a 4 power scope it was not bad.

I shot the 2240 about 50 rounds. The red dot was interesting. Was hitting the two closest field targets. Only knocked down the pig once. Was hitting the reducer quite often though. Surprising!

See you guys next time around. And thanks for the good times.

More to come....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next