Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:01 pm 

Hi,
I am interested in instinctive shooting as amean of improving my trap shooting.
I know that Lucky McDaniel, one of the first to advocaye instintie shooting, used Daisy Red Rider. one of the advantage othe air rifle is the ability to see the trajectory of the BB ( the poor man tracer bullet)
What other air rifles could be used for that purpose.What I am looking for is a bettre rifle with adult dimension (14 14.5 in LOP), slow enough to see the trajectory of the projectile but fast enough to make a sound when hitting something hard at 20 ft
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:05 pm 

Go more often to the shotgun range. Shotgun shells are still inexpensive.
Practice practice practice! i have never found a substitute for using a shotgun.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:53 pm 

This is what I use for pure fun while watching the bright green plastic BB leave the barrel, while shooting from the hip: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/m ... -p8451692e

may not be what you had in mind but since you want to see the ammo flying through the air, you will need an airsoft (unless you have eagle eyes to follow a 4.5mm BB). And it functions much like a pump shotgun (even has the same bead aim). Goes on sale often for $15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:29 pm 

Joolz wrote:
This is what I use for pure fun while watching the bright green plastic BB leave the barrel, while shooting from the hip: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/m ... -p8451692e

may not be what you had in mind but since you want to see the ammo flying through the air, you will need an airsoft (unless you have eagle eyes to follow a 4.5mm BB). And it functions much like a pump shotgun (even has the same bead aim). Goes on sale often for $15

Ho ! This must be fun! is it accruate ????
Thanks
Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:08 pm 

Well, keeping in mind that the barrel isn't rifled and how wind and even air resistance has a great impact on those lightweight 6mm balls, it is surprisingly accurate. From some 8m away it will hit a 2l pop bottle.
I picked this up for kicks while buying another gun on sale, with the intention of returning this one should it have been a gross experience.
Kid you not, it took 4 shots for me to realize it's not only a keeper, but I should buy another to keep as a spare. Never did buy another but this one is still going strong. Mind you, I hardly ever shoot it, as those plastic BBs tend to bounce around causing a mess - but I truly believe it will put a smile on your face. I find it a pleasant treat to see the BBs flying through the air and you follow it to the target. I even put a red dot on it for kicks (it comes with picatinny rails) and was surprised by how close to target it shoots. Although the red dot wasn't fun to shoot with, as the whole idea is to follow the BBs with your eyes. Like I said, these go on sale often, then it's a no brainer. At $35 I'm not sure but if it will serve your purpose, then it's not a bad investment. Good luck