Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: new in box crossman 2260
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:06 pm 

anyone ever seen these. they don't make em anymore. specialty shooting sports ssso. has one new in box .22 pal rated for $199.00. looks similar to a qb78d. just thought I'd let yas know ; maybe somebodys interested. it's the only one they have.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 pm 

http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdo ... e-pal.html

Nice!

:)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:48 pm 

Very nice, I picked one up from a friend who bought it some time ago for his son and he never used it.
Mine was like new and of course I couldn't leave it stock. I put on a steel breech, new trigger, muzzle break, bolt & probe and a custom valve.
Very nice shooter! I would buy it if I didn't already have one.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm 

Aint this a shame... a beautiful shooter with iron sights that is no longer being made. Instead they only seem to make fibre optic sights on just about every gun made today. Makes me want to trade in the qb78D for this. Looks identical aside from the iron sights.
When will manufacturers finally take note that not everyone wants fibre optic for sights? This vanity ought to be done with by now. Still though, no sign of that coming to an end anytime soon.
Shame.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:35 am 

Joolz wrote:
Aint this a shame... a beautiful shooter with iron sights that is no longer being made. Instead they only seem to make fibre optic sights on just about every gun made today. Makes me want to trade in the qb78D for this. Looks identical aside from the iron sights.
When will manufacturers finally take note that not everyone wants fibre optic for sights? This vanity ought to be done with by now. Still though, no sign of that coming to an end anytime soon.
Shame.

Go for it Joolz. I know it's about $100 over your price range, but it could be worth it.

:lol: :P :mrgreen: (JK, bud)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:45 am 

Your math is wrong, more like $150 over (not including shipping costs). Guess I'll just save up for a HW30 instead. Now that's a gun with truly amazing iron sights. And as Ace pointed out, it fits all the requirements that to me would make it the ideal springer. Want the waterproof black painted stock. What a great looking gun.

Attachments:
HW30.jpg
HW30.jpg [ 19.65 KiB | Viewed 2195 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:50 am 

Nice find Doug!

That gun is a great basis to make a custom rifle! Makes MORE sense to use it then a 2240 to make a rifle(custom)

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
Nice find Doug!

That gun is a great basis to make a custom rifle! Makes MORE sense to use it then a 2240 to make a rifle(custom)

For sure!

If I had the funds; I would be sorely tempted to buy it.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:30 pm 

I don't see dovetail rails for a scope. Then again with true iron sights who needs a scope for?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm 

I lucked onto a vintage Crosman 160 Military Trainer with Mossberg Peep Sights and a sling awhile back and it is an amazing rifle. Leonard Joe, (Suprmatic), did a rebuild and added one of his HPA fittings so it can now be used with compressed air or CO2. The QB78 is a direct copy of this wonderful old gun. They picked a classic to copy.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:42 pm 

Red Ryder wrote:
I lucked onto a vintage Crosman 160 Military Trainer with Mossberg Peep Sights and a sling awhile back and it is an amazing rifle. Leonard Joe, (Suprmatic), did a rebuild and added one of his HPA fittings so it can now be used with compressed air or CO2. The QB78 is a direct copy of this wonderful old gun. They picked a classic to copy.

Post a pic please!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:45 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/original-new-in-box-2260-22cal-co2-rifle-pal.html

Nice!

sooo I was just googling around; Crossman 2260 and I see that these are made and sold only in the states. on the Crossman .com website. it is called the heritage 2260. price there is $125.00. no international shipping. why do they do that. would it be so complicated for us to get a good deal once in awhile. like them.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 pm 

Further googling reveals yet another variation of the 2260, Pyramyd sells this Sheridan 2260 for $199. However it may have been too close a copy of the original, as it lacks windage adjustment. Meaning one would have to do what I'm about to and use a tree trunk to bend the barrel in an attempt to get it to shoot straight. Besides the front blade in the Sheridan is way too thick, should have been a thin post imo. Seems awfully overpriced for a gun without the ability to adjust for windage. It gets points for not resorting to lame fibre optics but c'mon, no one wants a gun without windage, that enjoy open sights. At least it has a dove rail, unlike the Crosman.

Edit: Red Ryder, still waiting for pics of your gem. Does it also use a double or single cartridge? How many shots do you get per session and what's the speed?

Attachments:
sheridan 2260.jpg
sheridan 2260.jpg [ 31.41 KiB | Viewed 2117 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:04 am 

That is a 2260 with a factory steel breech ! The 2260 is still available from Crosman USA through their website . So if you miss this one but have an American co-operative you cant get one to their door for about $174 Canadian .

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:18 am 
Supporting Member 2009

When the 2260 was available I was under the impression it wasn't a big seller here in Canada. I assumed it was because it was a PAL rated gun and not many airgunners had a PAL.

If you hate fiber optic sights so much, could you not just paint over them? It would be less stressful than your current solution! I don't see a huge difference, I use them to quickly line up the sights, then I just treat them like normal sights.