Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Air Rifle Headquaters
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:53 pm 

HI:I bought my first "real" air gun off of this guy!!!

Robert Lee Law, 75, of Grantsville, passed away April 19, 2014 at his home.
Born in Grantsville February 27, 1939, he was a son of the late William “Doc” and Elodene Riggs Law. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Grantsville. A child of the Father, Bob was well known in the local community as an entrepreneur with many interests. His first business venture was in local archery sales. As the owner of Air Rifle Headquarters that opened in Grantsville in the 1960’s, he is remembered internationally for his insightful advancements in air rifle technology, making major improvements with his customizations and developments of synthetic lubricants to improve accuracy and function of the air rifle as we know them today. In addition, Bob had other ventures that the community benefited from including a Christian book store, record store, used furniture and appliance store and video rentals. He will be greatly missed by his family, friends and the community.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:04 pm 

Sounds like a wonderful man.
Thanks for sharing this.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:13 pm 

HI:I eventually got a Weihrauch Barakuda EL54 off of him.It is the scariest air gun I have ever shot.You have to/had to pour ether into this side tube arrangement and the friction of the piston ignited it to give you a turbo shot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:20 pm 

bernie wrote:
HI:I eventually got a Weihrauch Barakuda EL54 off of him.It is the scariest air gun I have ever shot.You have to/had to pour ether into this side tube arrangement and the friction of the piston ignited it to give you a turbo shot.

Quote from B.B. Pelletier regarding this gun:

"The device was hell on pellets, blowing out their heads and leaving the bodies trapped in the barrel, so round balls were the only recommended ammo."

Sounds like fun to me... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm 

I ordered my first springer from him in 1973. It was an HW-70 pistol. It was very accurate but I was really disappointed in the power.

I also ordered a lot of accessories such as pellets, lubes, etc. Every time you ordered he would send you a sheaf of single page flyers of special deals etc.

He would hand select a springer rifle for scope mounting if you told him you wanted one. I still have a few tins of odd pellets and even an old bottle of silicon oil I got from him.

I read later that he had sold the business and gone into the ministry. Never heard anything more about him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:06 pm 

Fascinating story. I hope more pops out of the woodwork as members read the post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 am 

Better late than never (he passed in 2014). For more on Robert Law, to whom North American airgunners owe much, see
http://airgunner.org/?p=51
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/06/ ... rs-part-1/