Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:01 am 

Now, that's weird! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

Yeah, but if you have a strong enough wrist on the foregrip hand you could potentially shoot around corners... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:04 am 

lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Yeah, but if you have a strong enough wrist on the foregrip hand you could potentially shoot around corners... :wink:

Well - you can pivot the grip about 45 degrees to the right or left... so it might be possible... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:14 pm 

Attachment:
abs.JPG
Here is my 22xx with homemade ABS front light stock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 pm 

That works very nicely! Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:06 am 

Thanks Edmond.

I'll get a picture of the ABS light grip alone so you can see how it was made and attaches to the tube.
The front stock friction fits on the tube and works real nice. The light can easily be turned on and off with your thumb when holding the front stock. All the pieces needed to build can be picked up at hardware stores.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:25 am 

I really didn't think I'd be reconfiguring my 2240 yet again. But I did. Not for me this time though! A couple of weeks back I had a series of disappointments with this 2240, various things just going wrong all the same day, so I took it apart and put bits of it on my 2260 to make that ready for FT in Mission. With that shoot out of the way (and my hastily configured 2260 scoring me a 34 out of 40) I went back to the 2240 to see what could be salvaged. As it happened, my boy was feeling a bit less than completely happy with the results of shooting his Baikal 61, as he was fairly certain he'd hit a couple of the steel target knock-down bulls but nothing had gone down. At about 3fpe that wasn't too surprising. So I put the two things together, and decided to get him into the 2240 for just a little more knock-down potential.

And here's the result. Long SSG inside the pipe stock. HiPAC with Lane regulator rebuilt and set to 60bar, filling to 2200psi and giving him a bit more than 40 shots per fill. No more twanging spring piston to throw him off (or hit him in the eyebrow, as happened once on the eyepiece of his 6x BugBuster scope and kind of hurt), no more worries about wondering whether he hit or not as a Hobby 11.9gr going close to 500fps should be sufficient. The pipe stock was made after listening to him and watching how he was struggling to shoot the carbine with my old pipe stock. Basically he's still small enough that he'd prefer to rest a stock on top of his shoulder. So I made a rubber coated foam padded butt plate arcing under the pipe instead of the usually more vertical presentation. He loves it! As he grows I can just make longer ones when needed. For now, believe it or not, this wee thing gets his eye into just the right spot behind the scope and lets him glance down at the spirit level without having to lose shoulder contact. Still a bit front-heavy for the little guy... but there's only so much a dad can do. Weighs in at about 4.5 pounds with the scope.

Oh yeah, and he wanted it sparkly blue with some gold on it somewhere. Maybe that'll help with accuracy. Who knows?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 pm 

Attachment:
photo.JPG
Here is the front ABS Light stock I made for my 22xx.

This will snap tight onto the 22xx tube.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:42 pm 

Attachment:
22xx.jpg
Here is the 22xx complete.
This is fun to shoot.
I have been using it on my 10 meter indoor range at night with the lights out. Real neat and accurate.
Good for mice or rats in the barn after dark. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
I really didn't think I'd be reconfiguring my 2240 yet again. But I did. Not for me this time though! A couple of weeks back I had a series of disappointments with this 2240, various things just going wrong all the same day, so I took it apart and put bits of it on my 2260 to make that ready for FT in Mission. With that shoot out of the way (and my hastily configured 2260 scoring me a 34 out of 40) I went back to the 2240 to see what could be salvaged. As it happened, my boy was feeling a bit less than completely happy with the results of shooting his Baikal 61, as he was fairly certain he'd hit a couple of the steel target knock-down bulls but nothing had gone down. At about 3fpe that wasn't too surprising. So I put the two things together, and decided to get him into the 2240 for just a little more knock-down potential.

And here's the result. Long SSG inside the pipe stock. HiPAC with Lane regulator rebuilt and set to 60bar, filling to 2200psi and giving him a bit more than 40 shots per fill. No more twanging spring piston to throw him off (or hit him in the eyebrow, as happened once on the eyepiece of his 6x BugBuster scope and kind of hurt), no more worries about wondering whether he hit or not as a Hobby 11.9gr going close to 500fps should be sufficient. The pipe stock was made after listening to him and watching how he was struggling to shoot the carbine with my old pipe stock. Basically he's still small enough that he'd prefer to rest a stock on top of his shoulder. So I made a rubber coated foam padded butt plate arcing under the pipe instead of the usually more vertical presentation. He loves it! As he grows I can just make longer ones when needed. For now, believe it or not, this wee thing gets his eye into just the right spot behind the scope and lets him glance down at the spirit level without having to lose shoulder contact. Still a bit front-heavy for the little guy... but there's only so much a dad can do. Weighs in at about 4.5 pounds with the scope.

Oh yeah, and he wanted it sparkly blue with some gold on it somewhere. Maybe that'll help with accuracy. Who knows?

That rendition is, indeed show-worthy. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 pm 

tazz wrote:
Attachment:
22xx.jpg
Here is the 22xx complete.
This is fun to shoot.
I have been using it on my 10 meter indoor range at night with the lights out. Real neat and accurate.
Good for mice or rats in the barn after dark. :D

That tube is a nice addition and apparently very functional. What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:39 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?

I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?
Attachment:
2240-08.jpg
2240-08.jpg [ 272.47 KiB | Viewed 1494 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:00 am 

lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?

I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?
Attachment:
2240-08.jpg

Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol? In both cases, very impressive add-ons and would like to do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:18 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
lleader wrote:

Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol?

You need to pay a little more attention, Murray... :wink:

Here's another 1000 words to clear things up:
Attachment:
2240-muzzle3.jpg
2240-muzzle3.jpg [ 286.54 KiB | Viewed 1485 times ]

If what you mean is 'where did it come from', the answer is I don't know. I bought a Zoraki HP-01 off a member here with a couple of extended barrels and that brake was included to cover them up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:09 am 

lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
lleader wrote:

Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol?

You need to pay a little more attention, Murray... :wink:

Here's another 1000 words to clear things up:
Attachment:
The attachment 2240-muzzle3.jpg is no longer available

If what you mean is 'where did it come from', the answer is I don't know. I bought a Zoraki HP-01 off a member here with a couple of extended barrels and that brake was included to cover them up.

Oh, but yeah, I really was bright-eyed and bushy tailed all the way through that dialogue. What I really wanted to ask was, "Where can I get one of those long, faux-muzzle brakes that hides seven inches of barrel? :mrgreen:

I see it here:
Attachment:
IMG_1956copy_zps51edd5ef.jpg
IMG_1956copy_zps51edd5ef.jpg [ 50.98 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next