Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm 

Our monthly FT match at Mission will take place July 26th, the last Sunday of the month. This takes place at the Mission Rod & Gun Club. All are welcome, and it is just a $5 drop in fee to come and join us.

For directions:

http://www.missionrodandgun.com/about/location

The archery range is to your right after the gate, past the caretaker's house. You will pass a shorter archery range on the right, and if the weather is poor, we will be plinking there. If the weather is good, as usual, continue up the road and stay left, all the way to the top, where you will see us setting up. Start time is 9AM.

I highly recommend all those who are interested to give it a try! I came out on my own back in September 2014 for my first shoot, and have only missed one since! It's a great chance to work on your marksmanship, have some fun out in the great outdoors, and to meet new friends that love the sport! We do very friendly matches, safety is always a top priority, and you can get a chance to see some of the finer airguns available in action.

Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.

See you there!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 am 

Quote:
Our monthly FT match at Mission will take place July 26th, the last Sunday of the month. This takes place at the Mission Rod & Gun Club. All are welcome, and it is just a $5 drop in fee to come and join us.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there won't be one person who can make it to that one.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:31 am 

Ah come on, Mike's probably had another killer week managing umpteen projects and forgot to adjust the date when he copied and pasted from an older thread. Easy mistake. Could happen to anyone. Anyway, with his elite time management skills I bet he could bump the BMW up to 88mph on the 27th, flip on the flux capacitor, and ZIP, we'll be back in July, no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:55 am 

Hahahaha, I'd do my best, anyhow!

As the title states, it's September 27th. I keep posting these hoping we'll get some new people out.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:40 pm 

Hey guys
Looks like it will be a beautiful day.

I'm not sure if Gerard wants to bring his BBQ. It looks like a perfect day for it.

Can someone please buy or bring two cans of propane. Thanks

Let me know who will be there, at least how many sausages to bring.

See you guys Sunday, can hardly wait.

Biagio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm 

We are headed out camping for the week on Sunday morning.
Catch you guys in October!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:11 pm 

No sausages for me. Haru's got this thing going on lately where he won't eat sausages ever since he found out they're covered in intestine. Guess I'll bring some hotdogs. I'll wipe down the BBQ and bring that along.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 am 

That sounds great Gerard.
Thank you very much

I felt the same way when I was Haru's age.

He will eventually come around. I know, I did.

See you guys Sunday, sounds like it will be a great day. I hope 20 people show up.

Thanks

Biagio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:50 am 

GerardSamija wrote:
No sausages for me. Haru's got this thing going on lately where he won't eat sausages ever since he found out they're covered in intestine. Guess I'll bring some hotdogs. I'll wipe down the BBQ and bring that along.

:lol: Have you ever told him what's in hot dogs, or what they are covered in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:31 am 

A bit. Gently. Don't want the poor kid to stop eating.

Sunday's turnout was decent, the weather perfect. Another successful WCFT meeting. The two of us only shot one round though... as Haru got too hungry and I had to crank up the BBQ and feed him early, then Biaggio followed up an hour later with his sausages while Haru searched for birdshot in the sand. A gentle lead rain was the only thing blocking sunlight now and then as the shotgunners did their thing some way off. Then after eating there was an extended plinking session. One of the most popular targets was a plastic crow filled with orange expanding foam. Gory after a while, but in a funny, pre-Hallowe'en sort of way. Some very precise shooting going on that day.