Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Power Sweet Spot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:05 pm 

8livesleft wrote:
I guess the issue of shootability is more platform related: Pneumatic vs spring/gas piston.

High power Pneumatics will still be easier to shoot than lower powered break-barrel rifles.

Last edited by crossliner on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:33 pm 

[quote="8livesleft"]I guess the issue of shootability is more platform related: Pneumatic vs spring/gas piston.

High power Pneumatics will still be easier to shoot than lower powered break-barrel rifles.[/quot

The Webley Paradigm would have been one hell of a pneumatic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGKkL7vxy4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:16 am 

crossliner wrote:
Daryl wrote:
crossliner wrote:
Hi 8 indeed the 1377 is a pistol but you can always replace the barrel and mod it to your heart's content..Regards bro :drinkers:

In Canada, as long as you do not turn it into a restricted firearm. - over 4.2fpe/over 500fps.

Yes Daryl point taken.

Yeah, I know point is well-taken, crossliner, and I believe it, but I think it's relatively important for you to remember that you are communicating on a Canadian air gun forum (no, The Canadian Air Gun Forum) and there are lots of members looking to do the kind of stuff you're talking about, and really don't understand that your laws and ours are different. No, I mean they don't understand because they scan, rather than read, and they also believe they are empowered to do what anyone else can do.

Most regulars here know from whence you are making these comments, but at best I can only wish and suggest you make it clear in your posts that your comments are based on laws that do not apply to ANY Canadians.

Best regards. All due respect. Please just remember where you are posting.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 am 

Hi Edmonton my apologies :drinkers:

Hey 8lives have you been shopping for another ag in Manila? When you get back to Davao let's hook up, I have various pellets that might improve your springer's performance..You can also try my airguns as well as my buds', lemme know man.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:29 pm 

crossliner wrote:
Hi Edmonton my apologies :drinkers:

Hey 8lives have you been shopping for another ag in Manila? When you get back to Davao let's hook up, I have various pellets that might improve your springer's performance..You can also try my airguns as well as my buds', lemme know man.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to checkout Randy's stocks or any of the shops. I'll see if I can go today.

I'll definitely give you a call when we get back.

We're practically neighbors and we meet in a Canadian forum! Hahaha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

8livesleft wrote:
CZ-Sniper wrote:
Please post your 100m Benjamin Trail target results! It would be very interesting to see!

Sure! But it won't be for a while yet. Still working on 50 meters and under.

It shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks...give or take a year or three. Hahaha

Hey no need to be a smartass haha. You are asking to do something extremely difficult. 100m target shooting with a springer... I'd like to see that. It's an airgun forum after all. So I'm sure more people here are just as curious as I am, buddy :axe:

Air Arms HFT 500
FX Streamline laminate .22
Benjamin Discovery .22 (tuned)
Weihrauch HW30S .177
Weihrauch HW30 MK1 .177
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Crosman 22xx carbine (tuned)
Princess Auto Super Springer Deluxe ($34.99)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:47 pm 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
8livesleft wrote:
CZ-Sniper wrote:
Please post your 100m Benjamin Trail target results! It would be very interesting to see!

Sure! But it won't be for a while yet. Still working on 50 meters and under.

It shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks...give or take a year or three. Hahaha

Hey no need to be a smartass haha. You are asking to do something extremely difficult. 100m target shooting with a springer... I'd like to see that. It's an airgun forum after all. So I'm sure more people here are just as curious as I am, buddy :axe:

Haha yes it's very difficult. I'm just not the most stable shooter. My position isn't exactly ideal since I'm usually seated on the floor and my elbows are resting on my knees.

At 50 meters, I'm far better with the Crosman Recruit. With a proper scope, I can probably get good groups.

With the Benjamin I'm lucky to even hit anything under 6 inches.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:03 am 

Hi 8lives I am surprised your Recruit is able to do that it being a smoothbore..I had 1 like it that I bought for my son but he is not really an avid shooter so I sold it.. The Crosman 2100 was ( sold it too ) a different animal though, my buds got the surprise of their lives when they saw me consistently hit metallic silhouette ( chickens so they are extremely small :D ) targets from 50 meters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 am 

crossliner wrote:
Hi 8lives I am surprised your Recruit is able to do that it being a smoothbore..I had 1 like it that I bought for my son but he is not really an avid shooter so I sold it.. The Crosman 2100 was ( sold it too ) a different animal though, my buds got the surprise of their lives when they saw me consistently hit metallic silhouette ( chickens so they are extremely small :D ) targets from 50 meters.

It's very accurate and predictable because the recoil is very low. And like I said, after shooting the Benjamin Trail, everything's easy hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:26 am 

The Trail shoots better when standing. Maybe because I'm shooting faster (less tendency to tense up) and also maybe the artillery hold. Or scope alignment, or maybe balance?

Whatever it is, I'm shooting much better (at 10 meters anyway):

Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1446880987280.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1446880987280.jpg [ 85.43 KiB | Viewed 502 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:16 pm 

Whatever you do, do NOT shoot a Lithium Polymer battery. It may ignite into a flame 3' high & burn with intense heat.

I do not know if Lithium Ion batteries share that trait.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:20 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Whatever you do, do NOT shoot a Lithium Polymer battery. It may ignite into a flame 3' high & burn with intense heat.

I do not know if Lithium Ion batteries share that trait.

Yup.

I have an RC that runs on Lipo batteries. Powerful but dangerous.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:48 pm 

8livesleft wrote:
The Trail shoots better when standing. Maybe because I'm shooting faster (less tendency to tense up) and also maybe the artillery hold. Or scope alignment, or maybe balance?

Attachment:
20151107_151224-480x853.jpg

Practicing.... LOL! Trust me the more you do it correctly the easier it becomes! Muscle memory does play a role of good/correct posture.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
8livesleft wrote:

Attachment:
20151107_151224-480x853.jpg

Practicing.... LOL! Trust me the more you do it correctly the easier it becomes! Muscle memory does play a role of good/correct posture.

Yes that haha

But I think the trigger job was the biggest factor. It made the rifle easier to shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 am 

Nice meeting you Rob..Kindly post pics of your new rifle :drinkers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next