Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:03 pm 

crossliner wrote:
Hehe when the time comes to upgrade you might want something like this.. Yes it is CNC'd and made right here in the Philippines :drinkers:

Wow Chief! That looks awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:04 am 

crossliner wrote:
Hehe when the time comes to upgrade you might want something like this.. Yes it is CNC'd and made right here in the Philippines :drinkers:

dame that is nice.... 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:09 pm 

Yes they look nice indeed, the maker is a perfectionist ( like me lol!) Another one of his builds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:42 am 

crossliner wrote:
Yes they look nice indeed, the maker is a perfectionist ( like me lol!) Another one of his builds

Wow man no wonder he has a looooong waiting list.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 pm 

crossliner wrote:

Awesome project xliner!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:00 am 

Hello all!

Thought I'd post an update after a looong hiatus haha

I rarely shoot this. I realize I'm not disciplined enough for a pcp. These require more care than I can muster and after trying it out today, I notice there's a leak coming from the barrel and I could hear it from the place I put the pellet in when it's cocked.

I also have a Trail NP which works perfectly with similar use so I suppose I'm better off with that type of airgun than a PCP.

Either way, I'm not gonna bother with repairing this myself. This'll go to the shop. Will give an update once I have news.

Shame tho. This was really accurate before it started leaking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 pm 

I love my disco. Took a little love but it's a 30 foot pound .22 that
Shoots a ragged hole a 30 yards and 3/8's at 50 yards. It's a great bargain. I made a rva , put in a stronger hammer spring, gave the trigger some love and found it's pellet of choice. I regularly shoot gophers at 70 yards.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:56 am 

Got my Benji back from service. I can shoot more per fill up now. Maybe there was already an existing issue even before the big leak.

Still shoots great. I also found this local gunstock maker. Thinking about a modern stock for this but we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:10 am 

hw77grey wrote:
I love my disco. Took a little love but it's a 30 foot pound .22 that
Shoots a ragged hole a 30 yards and 3/8's at 50 yards. It's a great bargain. I made a rva , put in a stronger hammer spring, gave the trigger some love and found it's pellet of choice. I regularly shoot gophers at 70 yards.

That's great shooting! How did you get that much power?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 pm 

I like my Disco also. I didn't like the noise and for my use, the all of the velocity wasn't needed.

My Disco is a .177. I cut the spring off by 1/2". Added a power adjuster and trigger 2 screw mod as well as metal trigger.

Now it is much quieter. Accurate enough for my use. Gets about 30 good shots with a use of 500 lbs air pressure.
I pump it with the hand pump and it takes between 25-30 pumps to restore it to 2k. Just what I wanted! ;) I estimate
it to be shooting at about 800 fps.... no chrony so I went by sound, impact and how it was shooting relative to how it shot before the mods.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 am 

Redleg wrote:
I like my Disco also. I didn't like the noise and for my use, the all of the velocity wasn't needed.

My Disco is a .177. I cut the spring off by 1/2". Added a power adjuster and trigger 2 screw mod as well as metal trigger.

Now it is much quieter. Accurate enough for my use. Gets about 30 good shots with a use of 500 lbs air pressure.
I pump it with the hand pump and it takes between 25-30 pumps to restore it to 2k. Just what I wanted! ;) I estimate
it to be shooting at about 800 fps.... no chrony so I went by sound, impact and how it was shooting relative to how it shot before the mods.

Interesting approach to sound reduction. Most people add power and use some sort of sound suppressor. That's what I did because the sound was already close to an actual 22 cal.