Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:23 pm 

http://www.pardusarms.com/products/air- ... pardus-apa
Looks like a mix of evanix and Hatsan . Not much as far as specs go . Wholesale sports is carrying the Springer line . Ll be contacting them to see if they would get one in to test in .22 cal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:45 am 

Looks good. I like that the magazine doesn't stick out much above the receiver.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 am 

Wills not be the first to purchase a Hatsan ever.
Do not want to be on the Bleeding Edge of Airgun Technology Hatsan Style.
When Hatsan fix they way the "Pellet is loaded" from the Cartridge into the Barrel, without upsetting the SKIRT of the Pellets and causing a Group Spread of 3 inches or more at 12 yards, then, maybe."

So Forum members, please, put up your results of test groups(5 shots).

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 am 

My Hatsan will do better than a 3 inch group at 50 yards and it is a repeater.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:23 pm 

My AT-44 S10 Long .25 cal does dime sized groups at 50 yards, and just over an inch at 100 yards.... and IT is a repeater, too.... :roll:

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm 

I draw your attention to the top 5 groups. These 4, 5-shot groups were fired at 25 yards, benched, with a stock BT65 .177 air rifle, 10 shot repeater w/side bolt with Crossman 10.5gr. Ultra mag pellets, from a fill of 3,000psi. Av. velocity is 960fps. They are numbered 1,2 3 and 4. The 4th group is the top left, where the rifle started to really "SHINE". Note, it then SHINES for the next 6, 5 shot groups, even though the first 3 groups aren't too bad. So, yeah - they will shoot if you let them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 pm 

As Laura Ann Branigan singer 1990.."You are the Lucky One".
Before purchasing the Hatsan .177 repeater, did some research and found reviews from the UK, mentioning
problems holding a tight group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g3X1JGHrS0
No big deal.
Right.
2011-2012..Bought the Rifle Hatsan AT44-10 wood stock..looks great..so seated the pellet as mentioned in the video after getting frustrated of many a bad groups. Called up Hatsan in Turkey and lo-and-behold they are aware of the problem. they told me to sand paper the rear of the "cartridge" and if that does not work, to enlarge the centre hole a little at a time, because that would give some slop for the bolt to self centre.
No-Joy.
So paid to return and exchange for a "Single Shot". The single shot had the problem if you place the pellet in the guide and seat pellet with the "Bolt". The problem is that the "Bolt", on forward progress, rotates like a corkscrew and by the time the pellet get to the barrel, don't mention it.
This gun will shoot great groups, is to place pellet "Directly into the Barrel by fingers", then close bolt.

So twice hurt, twice shy.

Arsenal..
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:08 pm 

Quote:
The problem is that the "Bolt", on forward progress, rotates like a corkscrew and by the time the pellet get to the barrel

So you are saying that the problem is that the probe on the bolt is bent, and it's not a magazine problem at all....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:18 pm 

I have two at44,s. Both are excellent shooters. One has a LW barrel, but shoots about the same accuracy as the stock barrel. For the price and even not, the Hatsan pcp,s are good guns. I, don't have any experience with the springers, but I find them to be a "big" gun. Uncomfortably big. That Hercules is a monster.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:48 pm 

Rsterne..The probe is not "Bent", that would be easy to fix, the Bolt/Probe asm. is too small in dia. as found by many of shooters in the UK. The smithies would make a bigger dia. probe/bolt asm. that would fit properly and so did not "Wabble" as the mechanism of the leaver, acting on the probe/bolt is pushed forward. Tried to buy a replacement probe/bolt from those "Gear Heads" but no one wanted to take up the offer and ship outside of UK, because of the new Gun Laws at that time 2011.

Not trying to be a "Naysayer" but this is my experience and there are "Three people involved, Including the 'Engineer at Hatsan". Have the Emails, but did not record the Telephone Calls.

Arsenal..
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 pm 

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with your Hatsans.... that, happily, has not been my experience....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:11 pm 

Not sure how this thread ended up being a Hatsan bashing session, I really don't care . I have had nothing but great luck with the 5 hatsans I have. Outdoor sports will not special order these in ,so I guess we'll have to wait for a review unless we can find the importer and get one from them.
On a side note I sure wish someone would finally produce the perfect air rifle for everyone . This way we could all shoot the same rifle and never complain about how much better it would be if ....... :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 pm 

Here is what I noticed with one of my mags.

Put the magazine on a appropriate sized drill bit and freely spin it and watch it wobble.

Conclusion, it's not loading pellets in line with bore and clipping skirts.

Only noticed this after remanufacturing magazine probe to fit in the action properly with less slop. Couldn't index the mag, would get very tight half way around.

Going to bore the hole and sleeve it.

Hoping it helps/works.