Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: CZ455 Varmint
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
BKL rings are high, which is great if you have a big scope. Try Warne 7.3 rings, available for a great price at Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/Warne-Scope-Mount ... ical+rings Or you can use the same rings as you'd use on an air rifle since the CZ 455 has 11mm dovetails.

The trigger is usually around 3 - 4 lbs on a stock CZ. You can easily lighten it for bench shooting with a simple spring change, using a Yodave kit http://www.yodaveproducts.com/ I have done three CZ's with Yodave springs, with the lightest down to under one pound. For further details on the yodave in CZ rifles, see this "sticky" from Rimfire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=330293

I appreciate the links whenever I ask. you obviously know I need them :). question how is this torque screw driver?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0012AXR4 ... ref=plSrch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:44 pm 

The Wheeler FAT is what I use. You'll like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:00 am 

what is the amount of torque needed for scope rails to base and for top of rings for scope? I placed both orders last night for the wheeler and scope mounts you suggested. ty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:11 am 

The torque on both the top and clamp screws on the Warne rings is 25 in lbs, which is on the package instructions. On the clamp there is a dimple which is to indicate which way it goes for 11mm vs 3/8" dovetails. Read this thread, before reading the instructions on the ring package: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=485602 (gmd1950 knows what he's talking about). I compared the rings "dimple up" vs "dimple down". I put my clamp "dimple up" on the 11mm rail and it strikes me as a better fit than "dimple down".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 am 

thanks again!

btw a nice cz455 for sale right now on CGN with sights. not sure the model but $575 shipped seems reasonable if anyone is looking. nice wood on it too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am 

Hey Rodney. We met at the haha last week. You're amazing I've been looking to buy the cz 455 varmint for 6 months and just can't seem to pull the trigger hahaha.
You go into the store looking for something else and come out with MY gun. Good choice though.
Just one thing that has me curious. Now that I've seen you in person where did you get your user nickname?
--Ed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am 

lol. horrible choice of name. I use to like cute guns like ppk' sweet through 5 of em and loved 187 crosman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:29 pm 

I decided to remove the bipod. from reading it can cause issues with the cheap model I have.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:03 pm 
187_cuteness wrote:
I decided to remove the bipod. from reading it can cause issues with the cheap model I have.

Bipods are good for field use, but I just use a sand filled front rest that sits on a scissor jack.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:09 pm 

187_cuteness wrote:

While I don't use a bipod myself, among the more serious shooters who use bipods who post on RFC, Harris is the brand of choice. If you are going to be doing some shooting from the bench, you might find yourself thinking about getting a front shooting rest and a rear bag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am 

I had time to tear it down today. cleaned the barrel and bolt etc.
The barrel set screws were so tight it broke one of my Allen keys removing the first set screw. waiting patiently for my torque and rings to arrive today.

I know it is new but my bolt is very tight to push back down on close. I add a small smear of Molly to the left back of the bolt cause I see rubbing marks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:31 am 
187_cuteness wrote:
The barrel set screws were so tight it broke one of my Allen keys removing the first set screw. waiting patiently for my torque and rings to arrive today.

I know it is new but my bolt is very tight to push back down on close. I add a small smear of Molly to the left back of the bolt cause I see rubbing marks.

Just work it more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:47 am 

RobertMcC wrote:
187_cuteness wrote:

Just work it more.

RobertMcC is right. Work the bolt while watching the tube. It'll get smooth as butter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 am 
Penage Guy wrote:
RobertMcC wrote:
187_cuteness wrote:

Just work it more.

RobertMcC is right. Work the bolt while watching the tube. It'll get smooth as butter.

Like a Sig 226 we had, brand new and wouldnt eject fully. Sig told us to store it for a week with the slide open. Or sit there and rack it 100s of time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:58 am 

Ty. I took some sand paper too it. just kidding lol.

I ordered yodave kit today. is it Sunday yet ?