Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 953 paper punching
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm 

Wad a beautiful day here today 3 degrees. Took an hr to do some target in the back yard. Scope set for 10m and was shooting at 20m. It did better than I thought. Took about 20 shots to figure out the distance and then shot these 5 shot groops. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:39 pm 

cool man, fine shooting... what level of resting support were you using?

This makes me want to get out into the woods and get to some fun 15-25m plinking but my options of getting out have dried up... I have time and I'm willing but no where to go...

spor4477 wrote:
Wad a beautiful day here today 3 degrees. Took an hr to do some target in the back yard. Scope set for 10m and was shooting at 20m. It did better than I thought. Took about 20 shots to figure out the distance and then shot these 5 shot groops. ImageImage

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm 

No fun with no place to go. I was sitting on a short stool with the forstock rested on the railing of the deck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 am 

No pictures to share but I have similar experiences shooting at 15m rested. I'm very impressed with the accuracy. My favorite shooter by far right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 am 

I to am enjoying it. What are you using for pellets. I was using rws sport line wad cutter 7 gr. I am using a 4 x 15 scope I think this will have to be the next upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 am 

spor4477 wrote:
I to am enjoying it. What are you using for pellets. I was using rws sport line wad cutter 7 gr. I am using a 4 x 15 scope I think this will have to be the next upgrade

I'm using crosman premier hollow points which impresses me further about the 953. I just haven't had time to get all my shooting gear sorted after a recent move. I'll have some RWS's and jsb's sitting in a cart just waiting for me to press the order button.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:49 pm 

FINALLY got out with a friend and did some plinking in the woods at about 15m. We were both standing, shooting unsupported at various targets including un-opened tonic water pop cans, soup tin cans, and spinner metal targets.

My female friend was shooting her Stoeger .177 break barrel (900-1100 fps) and me using my modded 953

We were pretty evenly matched, she seems like a natural so I was pleased to keep up with her.

I was happy with my 953's accuracy which was sited for 8m, so it did quite reasonable at 15m I thought. We were a good team when I did my part :-)

My next project will be choosing a dry day to again go to the woods but this time site my scope for 12-15m for that little bit more accuracy fine tuning.

Sure felt good getting that session in after 3 or 4 months of indoor 8m shooting... :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:10 pm 

Plink-Panther wrote:
FINALLY got out with a friend and did some plinking in the woods at about 15m. We were both standing, shooting unsupported at various targets including un-opened tonic water pop cans, soup tin cans, and spinner metal targets.

My female friend was shooting her Stoeger .177 break barrel (900-1100 fps) and me using my modded 953

We were pretty evenly matched, she seems like a natural so I was pleased to keep up with her.

I was happy with my 953's accuracy which was sited for 8m, so it did quite reasonable at 15m I thought. We were a good team when I did my part :-)

My next project will be choosing a dry day to again go to the woods but this time site my scope for 12-15m for that little bit more accuracy fine tuning.

Sure felt good getting that session in after 3 or 4 months of indoor 8m shooting... :P

Happy for you my friend. I'm not allowed to drive yet, but close i think. Maybe another month or 6 weeks. Everything I own that can be shot indoors is now sighted in for 9 yards LoL LoL. Have to fix that just like you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:35 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
Happy for you my friend. I'm not allowed to drive yet, but close i think. Maybe another month or 6 weeks. Everything I own that can be shot indoors is now sighted in for 9 yards LoL LoL. Have to fix that just like you.

You must be just itching to get out and drive - hope it is sooner than later ~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:58 pm 

Always nice to get out in the woods and do some shooting. Sure was a nice day for it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:30 am 

Plink-Panther wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

You must be just itching to get out and drive - hope it is sooner than later ~

Oh you have no idea!!!!! It really is a bit early though for both my medical issues and my tires. They are Summer performance tires and restricted to a minimum of 50 degree's F. Anything below that and they can shed chunks of rubber. At best it feels like driving on hockey pucks.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:33 pm 

Got out to the range today with my shooting friend - sighted in her springer's scope, shot an older .22 rifle and shot about 20 pellets through my 953 - all at 25 yards which is 5 yards too long for this rifle but it was fun regardless. Was shooting RWS Super H Points, 10-shot groups (I count 7 holes in one group but there were 10 with no flyers).

953 was rested on my palm on a rifle-rest. I thought the groups were reasonable considering wind gusts easily interfered at 25 yards

Attachment:
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg [ 97.05 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg [ 98.34 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7