Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pricey Pellets
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:37 pm 

I was surfing through Amazon.ca when I came across these gems.
Are they gold plated????
Or just marked up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Pricey Pellets
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 pm 

Talk about alchemy-they finally found a way to turn lead into gold... :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:21 pm 

Heh, Nikkonos would fall off her/his (still don't know if it's a he or a she) chair if they saw this ad. Listed for $7.50 for the Coppa-Sputnik (the Russian version is easier to spell). Then again I do have the old price list. The new price for these should still be under 50 bux/tin. Then again inflation is catching up to us...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 pm 

I am a self confessed pellet hoarder, I have a compassion to buy one of every brand & type and seldom open the tins.

But I won't pay more than $15 for a tin.
I came across some the other day selling for $24, didn't buy them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:30 pm 

...Hey, Sureshot.....I think I have that bug.....I bought some different H&Ns and some Miesters last spring but can't bring myself to use them ! .... It's the old adage , "when they're gone , they're gone" .....so I just keep buying RWS locally along with some Crosmans .....funny, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:45 pm 

I often shoot Grizzly, Crosman or Daisy pellets because of their availability.
I wouldn't mind ordering some unique pellets online from Amazon.ca however I understand that their pellet shipments are often received in poor condition.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:00 am 

Amazon has all sorts of weird pricing on more obscure things. They also have other vendors selling from their site, and vendors use it as some sort of tool to try and rip off the misinformed. Just do your research as I would expect any Internet savvy person to do. Most stuff from Amazon themselves is generally cheap. It tells you who the retailer is.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:17 am 

Barfman wrote:
Amazon has all sorts of weird pricing on more obscure things. They also have other vendors selling from their site, and vendors use it as some sort of tool to try and rip off the misinformed. Just do your research as I would expect any Internet savvy person to do. Most stuff from Amazon themselves is generally cheap. It tells you who the retailer is.

I used to assume that when you buy from Amazon.ca that your purchase would be shipped from them however you are correct Barfman. They often ship from other warehouses from other countries.
For example on March 23rd I purchased an LED light bulb from Amazon.ca and I've yet to see it because it's coming from China.

The problems that people are experiencing with pellets purchased from Amazon.ca is probably due to poor packaging by the original shipper and poor handling by Canad Post. I haven't had any personal experience but Canad Post seems to have a bad reputation for handling parcels and handling customer complaints.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 am 

In any of the product categories within Amazon.ca, the first few are generally the items sold and shipped by them,often free shipping.
As you go down the list, the pricing gets ridiculous and the seller is in the US or beyond.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:36 am 

As I understand it from other forum postings, when an owner of an amazon site runs out of stock they can easily change the price to something ridiculous so that no one will place an order. If they try to remove the item, they have to pay a ridiculous fee, and the same thing goes for anyone who doesn't have stock on hand, they too have to pay a 'fine' or something similar. This is one of Amazon's requirements to ensure that they can always provide very short time periods from when anything is ordered until it is shipped.

Tb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:52 am 

Amazon.ca I see it all the time that prices are out to lunch. Like why I bought a tin of pellets for under 6$ and than couple pages down, I see same pellets for 30$

Gotta shop around with Amazon.ca now and find out if its truly is a good deal. Most likely its not.