Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:35 pm 

thumper wrote:
...So , what if you hung a small weight through a hole and attached it to the arm instead of a rubber band ?....using fish weights (or used pellets) you could simply adjust the weight for the amount of 'reaction' with different powered airguns...I like the concept you've come up with.................

hey t. I never thought of weights. worth a try. the rubber bands were pretty good but I found that they are drying out and fraying quite a bit from the hot sun and humidity. so eventually are starting to break easier. I'll try the weights this weekend maybe. thanks. any idea is a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:04 pm 

I just whipped this one up today from some of my old target ideas I had laying around. these are pics before I finished it. been trying to resize them. if these work. tomorrow I'll take more. because I had to add a 20 ft. string and a hinge underneath the plywood and attached it to a 2x4 frame at the end of garage. pull the string-- lifts the ply wood up-- and targets fall up right and re stick to the magnets. works great.

Attachments:
Photo0149 (2).jpg
Photo0149 (2).jpg [ 35.43 KiB | Viewed 994 times ]
Photo0147.jpg
Photo0147.jpg [ 41.18 KiB | Viewed 994 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:03 pm 

here are more pics I took today of my range. I;ve only got about 18 to 20 feet to shoot. which sucks because before I moved I had a beautiful big fenced in yard with lots of room. I;ve got the string tied to the plywood on the target I made yesterday. it's attached overhead to where I sit. when I pull it the plywood goes up thanks to the hinge under it and the targets fall to the magnets that are in the little blocks of wood. when I let it down all targets are standing and ready to shoot again.

Attachments:
Photo0155.jpg
Photo0155.jpg [ 34.94 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]
Photo0154.jpg
Photo0154.jpg [ 29.87 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]