Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 am 

Does anyone own one of these? I think it would be good for testing pellets, equipment and setting up scopes. It would replace the shooting table and shooting rest for target shooting. I don't suppose it would be very practical for hunting though. I'm wondering how steady it would be.

Thanks,
--Ed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:24 am 
Supporting Members

With the central pivot I dont think it would be accurate enough. It looks like it would be easy for the POI to change from shot to shot. However it does look like a great way to display a gun or work on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:48 am 

This type of tripod might work just fine. They are quite good for shooting field rats out to about 400yards with CF .17's, however I still prefer my bench. I made an outfit like that for a heavy tripod I got at P.A. a long time ago and it worked fine. For precision shooting, it is best to have an elbow rest- thus I gravitated back to my bench or shooting over the quad, using the front gun box for the bipod's feet and my elbows rested on the handle bars. We only do that in the "Back" 400 acres. If shooting near the road on one of the farms, we use a bench and chair.

with a bench

You can also shoot off a "CHUNK" and do some accurate shooting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:40 am 

I picked one up a Bass Pro about a year ago when they were on sale. Notec was correct I use it more now to clean my guns than actually shooting off of it. There is lots of adjustability built in to it, but I am never able to get behind it properly. The rifle never came to my shoulder the way it does free standing or off of a bench rest. Just my 0.02 cents.

Jeff.

Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound.
WAGG. Waterloo Area Greyhound Group.