Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Great looking gun Airmec! Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks! :)

I said ''Done'' yesterday, but I came up with some new ideas since. I haven't even touched the trigger group yet, and I can easily envision some brass accessories to go with the brass trigger blade, and, and... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am 

Some goodies from AGS arrived in the mail.

The scope is a temp solution as I decide on a more permanent option. Good enough for my basement range for the winter months. The main spring is much smaller than I anticipated. Waiting on one more package and I'll be off to the races.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm 

Filmed a slow motion magazine dump with my newly acquired Crosman 600, at 1000 frames per second it's almost painfully slow but a good view of the reloading mechanism in action, and a hint of the quantity of gas lost around the breech at the moment of firing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBFCfm8ieU

14.3g Crossman Hollowpoint pellets registered 325 fps on the chrony.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:30 pm 

cool vid pzam... 8)
the reloading mechanism moves so fast in real time you cant even notice it...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:36 pm 

Just finished cleaning up my ''new'' Slavia 624. No more rust, a good bluing, a good lube job and some bees wax on the stock. Very accurate with RWS Hobbys and very quiet too. Love it! :D

Attachments:
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG [ 302 KiB | Viewed 769 times ]
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5296.JPG [ 142.16 KiB | Viewed 769 times ]
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG [ 275.91 KiB | Viewed 769 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm 

airmec wrote:
Just finished cleaning up my ''new'' Slavia 624. No more rust, a good bluing, a good lube job and some bees wax on the stock. Very accurate with RWS Hobbys and very quiet too. Love it! :D

Great job! It looks good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm 

ok last one didn't work out but got the tx in the mail. Canada Post should make income this quarter! So busy.

Will get to the tune after the kids go to bed. Can't believe what a beautiful rifle she is. Shoulders extremely well. I hope that means my score improves. No excuse now. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:24 pm 

congrats you'll love it... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm 

Nice! Real beauty!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm 

Ace wrote:

Indeed. You would think working on a high end anything would be more difficult but it was ridiculously easy to install the tune kit. Speaking of ridiculous I can't believe the accuracy. I'm only shooting at 10m but rested my first group was ~.20 ctc. Did that a few times then I tried my roller rest. Maybe a .185 hole. In total maybe 40 shots on a new tune and she's shooting like that? Only 10m but still just crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Ace wrote:

Indeed. You would think working on a high end anything would be more difficult but it was ridiculously easy to install the tune kit. Speaking of ridiculous I can't believe the accuracy. I'm only shooting at 10m but rested my first group was ~.20 ctc. Did that a few times then I tried my roller rest. Maybe a .185 hole. In total maybe 40 shots on a new tune and she's shooting like that? Only 10m but still just crazy.

it will even get better if you can believe that ...as it breaks in.... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm 

Well the tx essentially disintegrated my crosman folding pellet trap. I tried putting a wood backer on the metal sheet but there was too much lead dust being created so it had to go. I ended up making a duct seal trap after reading so many good things about the design. I have about 1" thick duct seal and it's working very well. I didn't realize how much sound the crosman trap made and how quiet the tx200 is until I shot into the duct seal. I then address all the scattered pellets coming off my field targets, a large box. I still have to add metal backing, lights, and a funnel so the pellets can drain into a container. Still lots of room for spinners or whatever. Much better than the cardboard box it was all previously set up on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 am 

That my friend is just fantastic!!! Image
I've been pondering on a designing for some time. And...well don't think I need to look any further. :mrgreen:
Lets hear your ideas for spinners???
Maybe some Interactive Duraseal Targets or Double Reaction Metal Spinner. Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:17 am 

I am going to buy some duct seal today to make my first trap!

Actually a super simple one that i just wanna fill the duct seal into my empty wifi extender small box which is about 4x3x2 inch for winter indoor close range shooting with my P17~

Some days before I used 1000# sandpaper to sand out all the sharp edges on the polymer frame and the surface of my P17. Now the gun feels so silky smooth in the hand and no cutting any more when open and close the overlever now!

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 am 

jckstrthmghty - You going to line the back with anything or just leave the wood? I may be a little more paranoid than most but I line everything with heavy gauge steel. Even add steel to all my store bought pellet traps. Maybe a rubber horse stall mat or a few layers of carpet. I do like you design and got room for a high shelf for practising higher and lower angles for different POI. Good job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next