Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm 

Cut and squared up the barrel for my Longer P17 barrel project. Just gotta debur the chamber and polish up the face. Then I can measure where I need to turn down for the barrel securing plate.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 pm 

Took off the bug buster and put a diopter on the 953. Wow. What a difference vs a scope. I can see how this is a big improvement over the irons when target shooting. I'm looking forward to sighting in and getting some practice. The crew at ags got this too my door in one day again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:49 am 

Subjected my CZ P09 Duty (.177) to three solid hours of shooting fun at the range (set at 10 Metres). Shot as well and as accurately as my powder burners at that distance. Over and above my membership, the cost for the afternoon was approximately $5, and no one pointed and laughed at me for playing with toys, especially the guy who offered up a friendly shootout challenge against his Ruger Mark IV.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Subjected my CZ P09 Duty (.177) to three solid hours of shooting fun at the range (set at 10 Metres). Shot as well and as accurately as my powder burners at that distance. Over and above my membership, the cost for the afternoon was approximately $5, and no one pointed and laughed at me for playing with toys, especially the guy who offered up a friendly shootout challenge against his Ruger Mark IV.

Took out my .243 last fall to line up in case I decided to deer hunt. In an hour I shot off 24 shells. Decided after I would go buy a new box and it cost me $36. Went home and told the wife that for $36 I am unsure if it was worth the hour of fun or not. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

I shoot PPC, one night a guy came out with his MP40 BB gun and we had a blast. A lot of firearm owners are accepting of airguns. Esp when it comes to target and fun. Harder to make a tight group at 10m with a 177 pellet than say 22 etc. Heck If I can find a 6 shooter pellet pistol and 4 clips. Id shoot a PPC stage with a air pistol.

I've been gathering parts for a 177 conversion for my Maximus, and parts for my 1740.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 am 

Finally replaced piston seal (0 ring) on my HW40 resulting in return of good compression and velocity which it had been losing over time causing weak inaccurate shots. Thanks to YepYep who supplied me with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:43 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Heck If I can find a 6 shooter pellet pistol and 4 clips. Id shoot a PPC stage with a air pistol.

leadslinger,

Here is a recommendation, even 4 extra rounds per cylinder! :D
Found a pic online:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/steamloco76/media/cGF0aDovVW1hcmV4NTg2a2l0TEh3ZWJfenBzbWM0bWhlbHYuanBn/?ref=

Cheers!

ColdAir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 am 

ColdAir wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Heck If I can find a 6 shooter pellet pistol and 4 clips. Id shoot a PPC stage with a air pistol.

leadslinger,

Found a pic online:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/steamloco76/media/cGF0aDovVW1hcmV4NTg2a2l0TEh3ZWJfenBzbWM0bWhlbHYuanBn/?ref=

Cheers!

ColdAir

Just rules states only 6rds. I had a vigilante that I just sold. The 10 shot ones I would had to load only 6.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:43 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
ColdAir wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

leadslinger,

Found a pic online:

Cheers!

ColdAir

Just rules states only 6rds. I had a vigilante that I just sold. The 10 shot ones I would had to load only 6.

Right, you did say 6 shooter. It would be a pain to have to align the full 6 chambers of a 10 round cylinder.

Maybe this? https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/best-dan-wesson-2/
Add a couple speed loaders too?

Anyway, just having fun. :)
Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm 

ColdAir wrote:
Right, you did say 6 shooter. It would be a pain to have to align the full 6 chambers of a 10 round cylinder.

Cheers!

Can use anything, But only allowed to load 6 rounds. The sport I shoot was started with 6 shooters, hence the 6rd limit. I would require 96 rounds, so would need a Co2 switch mid way. But I need at least 4 mags or speed loaders. Old 6 shot Crosman 357 would work.

I do like that, but finding a holster for that optics setup might be tricky. I ran into that issue in the past. With a under rail scope mount.

I like shooting for fun. The challenge will be 15-20M.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:28 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
ColdAir wrote:

Cheers!

Can use anything, But only allowed to load 6 rounds. The sport I shoot was started with 6 shooters, hence the 6rd limit. I would require 96 rounds, so would need a Co2 switch mid way. But I need at least 4 mags or speed loaders. Old 6 shot Crosman 357 would work.

I do like that, but finding a holster for that optics setup might be tricky. I ran into that issue in the past. With a under rail scope mount.

That is what I like about the 586/686 sight mounts. They screw right into the rear sight mount; 11mm dovetail or 20mm Weaver.
CO2 change would be a pain, too.

I agree, lots of fun to be had.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 pm 

ColdAir wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
ColdAir wrote:

Cheers!

That is what I like about the 586/686 sight mounts. They screw right into the rear sight mount; 11mm dovetail or 20mm Weaver.
CO2 change would be a pain, too.

I agree, lots of fun to be had.

Cheers!

Ill just change when we reload, so 1 squad shoots, while other reloads their mags. More than enough time for a Co2 change. Each stage is 24rds so should be able to get 24shots from a single Co2..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm 

Put a full tin of 500 pellets through my "Grizzly Razor" in my tool room today. Still time to shoot some more tonight yet. Shot some this morning when I got up before I opened a new tin. Went through a lot of paper today also. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 am 

Tried a new spring in my Baikal MP-60. The original spring has a 2.6 mm wire, the new one is a HW 30 7.5 Joules spring with a 2.8 mm wire. Velocity with JSB RS is up from 133 m/s to 162 m/s, not much harder to cock, still groups good - I'm happy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 pm 

Purchased this from a member today. Cant wait to get it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next