Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:42 pm 
Supporting Member

For a long time my Crosman Nitro-Venom has been causing me grief and recently it was occasionally making "dieseling noises" but not dieseling. Each time it made the noise the shot would be about an inch or more lower than normal at 10 yards.

I guessed that the barrel wasn't being held firmly in place by the barrel catch (that chisel shaped thing sticking out of the barrel block) because the catch just didn't have enough oomph. Occasionally (I guessed) the barrel would droop more than normal and allow the air to escape at the breech.

The fix was really pretty simple. 8) I put a couple of shims under the spring that fits inside of the catch. I guess that the hole that the spring fits in had simply been bored too deep. (For any who don't know; when the barrel is removed from the gun, the pivot washers removed and the bushing pushed out of the pivot hole, the catch just slides right out.)

Right away it began shooting about an inch higher than before, so even when it didn't "over-droop" it had been sagging enough to make the gun shoot low.

Peter :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am 

Was searching ebay because I seen these metal mounts ( better than intermounts ) for non steel breech 22xx. Thought I might find them there. https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/cr ... 52516.html

When I came across a 4 shot mag for the steel breech. It was only around 30$, so I bought it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/263475322464?_t ... .S2.R2.TR3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Was searching ebay because I seen these metal mounts ( better than intermounts ) for non steel breech 22xx. Thought I might find them there. https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/cr ... 52516.html

When I came across a 4 shot mag for the steel breech. It was only around 30$, so I bought it.

I hope it's printed in abs or petg. If it's pla then I would avoid the sun or any source of heat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I hope it's printed in abs or petg. If it's pla then I would avoid the sun or any source of heat.

I wasn't worried about what it was printed out of. More like hmmm 30$ for a 4 shot mag, or 200+ for a multi shot repeater breech.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I wasn't worried about what it was printed out of. More like hmmm 30$ for a 4 shot mag, or 200+ for a multi shot repeater breech.

High value no question there. Too bad it's not open source but great there is a low cost multi shot option.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

High value no question there. Too bad it's not open source but great there is a low cost multi shot option.

Was a guy on GTA that was going to make a 5 and 10 shot gravity fed for the disco/maximus... But nothing in over a year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Was a guy on GTA that was going to make a 5 and 10 shot gravity fed for the disco/maximus... But nothing in over a year.

I see now. I gravity feed version, no mag. Thanks for turning the light on. Similar to a paintball marker. Interesting. He's holding the guide in with the elastic. All makes sense now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I see now. I gravity feed version, no mag. Thanks for turning the light on. Similar to a paintball marker. Interesting. He's holding the guide in with the elastic. All makes sense now.

But the one on GTA was just gravity with a hopper. I dont think there was nothing to push down. See how well this does. Nor sure what Im going to put it on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 am 

Yeah nice cheap option! Too bad it's open hey, I was all excited and going to buy one but for hunting it'd be useless. Sure wish that guy on GTA would've done something with his project. Got everyone excited then disappeared.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Yeah nice cheap option! Too bad it's open hey, I was all excited and going to buy one but for hunting it'd be useless. Sure wish that guy on GTA would've done something with his project. Got everyone excited then disappeared.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Well this one, a scope would almost protect it. Or could make a top for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm 

Ordered a new gauge (original crapped) and TSS for my marauder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 pm 

Well I clipped back of my chrony with a 9mm twice, and blew the front cover off. So I figure I should make a shield of some sort. Got some 6mm plexi and made a front plate to protect at least from a pellet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 pm 

Cool. I should do something like that with mine. Not so much for guns but for arrows which are more difficult to get through right over the sensors. Couple new bows and turned down the weight on a couple others because of my broken shoulder I just went through. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm 

Now I got 18mm of plexi. Which is just shy of 3/4". It should be good enough to stop 22LR. Apparently I need 1" to stop 9mm. I might order another sheet since it was about 15$ for a small 5x8 piece.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 pm 

Time to replace my target stickers again...

This time I think I really squeezed out the last drop of the remaining value of the targets which I have been shooting since last last week. I should count how many pellets I put on them when I cleaned up the trap and collected the pellets... No problem, do it next week when I finish the new targets...

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 32  Next