Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:57 am 

I've started this kind of thread on other forums and its a great spot for a quick post, or something simple if you dont feel like a big write up, or a few pics, etc etc. This thread may take off, or die, who knows, but I've seen some that have grown to thousands of pages and make great and entertaining reading.

I'll start.

Today I started a complete disassembly of a QB57. Very simple task actually, although I'm not finished yet. I di not bother with pictures as its not very interesting, but it is 75% apart now. I have a doner gun on the way and the project is to get 800fps from a gas ram in .22 after beefing up the cocking lever, modding the piston, etc.

I can already see that the problem is going to be the compression chamber volume.

Also purchased a CZ75 Duty and Walther CP99 from a new member. After speaking with him via email, I was willing to take the fairly small risk.

So, not much for me today, what about you? :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 pm 

I thought about them very fondly, and wondered how they are doing all cozy locked up in their cabinet.
Maybe some day soon I'll go have a look and make sure they haven't reproduced in there, but I'm pretty sure they don't reproduce when I don't play with them... which is maybe why I don't. :mrgreen:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm 

Got this to let them know I'm watching! :)

EDIT: Forgot link: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bushmaster-spotting-scope-90-mm-0762372p.html#srp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:39 pm 

I (yesterday) investigated .22 bore cleaners... got 4 items in my amazon.ca cart ready for a final click of the button...

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:29 pm 
Supporting Member

Tore down, cleaned and did complete reseal of a non-working Schimel GP22. Also had to repair and polish a damaged sear on same gun. I've owned the thing for a couple years and finally got around to repairing it. My wife is working nights right now, so I can't be shooting inside or out while she is trying to sleep. So I figured, if I cant shoot em, might as well work on em. Nice to have it working again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm 

Swapped out high power spring and piston for low in my TX200, moving indoors for the winter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:32 am 

Today I'm tuning and lubing my crosman tr77 and zeroing the scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 am 

Got my Maximus in, Checked it over to make sure it has all the pieces. Also just pumped it up to 2K to see if it will leak. Then shooting it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:11 pm 

Still cleaning powder burners from shooting out to 500 meters yesterday - still have the .300 mag and .375/06IMP to clean. Got the .50/95 Winchester M1876 and Marlin 1895 .45/70 cleaned up last night. Once the small .30 and .375 rifles are cleaned, I'll get to work on the brass.

Later, I hope to do some more shooting with the Talon .177 CO2 - indoors here in the basement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 pm 

Installed the "Tactical bolt knob retention band" on the Maximus.

or also known as, wifes hair elastic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 pm 

Nothing too extravagant....new piston seal put in phantom.... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 pm 

Started cheek and extended but pad today

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 pm 

Today (make that a couple of hours ago) I bought one of these:
Attachment:
B1.jpg
B1.jpg [ 10.8 KiB | Viewed 7112 times ]

Why did I spend a few dollars on this the cheapest of springers? Cause it's fun to shoot! And it's back on sale. Bought one last year for $29 but it shoots a bit off to the side. Meant to try and bend the barrel for kicks but never got around to it (it lacks windage adjustment). Since these are back on sale http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/b ... -p8518425e I picked another one to try out. If it shoots straight, will return the old one. If it doesn't shoot straight, back to PA it goes.

Who knew the cheapest of guns could be so much fun? Shoots fine with no twang and has a good punch (bet these are over 500fps but don't tell anyone).

Edit: forgot to mention, the beauty of this gun is TRUE iron sights. As in, cold steel and none of this BS fibre optic crap. Shame it lacks windage on the crude rear sights (no desire to scope this and lose on those iron sights)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:07 am 

Got one of these from Eric. Wanted some spare parts for my QB57 project...if it all goes to Hell I'll make one good one and put it back to stock :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:57 am 

Joolz wrote:
Today (make that a couple of hours ago) I bought one of these:
Attachment:
B1.jpg

Why did I spend a few dollars on this the cheapest of springers? Cause it's fun to shoot! And it's back on sale. Bought one last year for $29 but it shoots a bit off to the side. Meant to try and bend the barrel for kicks but never got around to it (it lacks windage adjustment). Since these are back on sale http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/b ... -p8518425e I picked another one to try out. If it shoots straight, will return the old one. If it doesn't shoot straight, back to PA it goes.

Who knew the cheapest of guns could be so much fun? Shoots fine with no twang and has a good punch (bet these are over 500fps but don't tell anyone).

Edit: forgot to mention, the beauty of this gun is TRUE iron sights. As in, cold steel and none of this BS fibre optic crap. Shame it lacks windage on the crude rear sights (no desire to scope this and lose on those iron sights)

I am also a sucker for these types of things. Yes, I know...EVERYTHING on them needs work, from trigger to incorrectly machined dovetails, but so what? :) I have more than my fair share of guns that you dont get much change from a grand, but I cannot buy those on a whim, or toss them in a dumpster without a second thought if they dont work out.

So...I just bought this: http://www.camouflage.ca/underlever_cocking_caliber_airgun_p/sdsb3-155.htm

79 bucks and I'm also a sucker for under barrel levers. Added some pellets to make the 99 buck free shipping!!!

Theres been a few posts on that camouflage.ca website lately so for a hundred bucks lets give them a try.

Some of their prices, on replica's for example are way out to lunch, some arent bad.

Anyway, cant wait to get this thing and see if its worth a damn :)

EDIT: I think this thing is a variant of the B3 introduced way back in the 80's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next