Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: FT fun shoot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 am 

Fun shoot trying out new site.

Hämmerli AR20FT
Canon Rebel XTi

Post subject: Re: FT fun shoot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 am 

ok where is this location and which one of you buggers got a impact in Ottawa already. Bunch of Buggers.

Looks like a lot of fun :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:32 am 

We had a small group for this shoot so we took the opportunity to try out a different venue. Was a nice sunny day, a little on the cool side, but the wind made for a fun and challenging shoot.

We had a 5-lane 30-shot fun match.

Ryan, 2016 WFTF Canadian champion , was honing his HFT skills using the FX Impact and shot a 50/60. Eric, Denis and John shot WFTF and scored 16, 15, 26/30 respectively.

For a trial run, the new site provided some challenging shots and could easily be bumped up to a 10-lane 60-shot course.

Thanks go out to the lads that came out to support the endeavour. Looking forward to the next one.

Hämmerli AR20FT
Canon Rebel XTi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:23 pm 

Wish you'd have announced it. I would have loved to have attended. As it looks now, the weather will very soon bring an end to the season. SIGH

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 pm 

Mtl_Biker wrote:
Wish you'd have announced it. I would have loved to have attended. As it looks now, the weather will very soon bring an end to the season. SIGH

Well that sux Eldor...we sent a notice out last week "Getting near the end of the season... last year's shoot was on Nov. 8. Just gauging interest for this coming Sunday the 6th, possibly in Grenville... anyone interested?" to our mailing list (I'll chk with Dave as it appears I might have an old version of the list) and posted on our Facebook page (I understand not everyone's on FB). Only a few people responded so we made plans accordingly. Details were sent out to those who replied. We'll get these issues sorted out for next season and if the weather holds out, we may still get a match in this year.

Hämmerli AR20FT
Canon Rebel XTi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 pm 

jpb wrote:
Well that sux Eldor...we sent a notice out last week "Getting near the end of the season... last year's shoot was on Nov. 8. Just gauging interest for this coming Sunday the 6th, possibly in Grenville... anyone interested?" to our mailing list (I'll chk with Dave as it appears I might have an old version of the list) and posted on our Facebook page (I understand not everyone's on FB). Only a few people responded so we made plans accordingly. Details were sent out to those who replied. We'll get these issues sorted out for next season and if the weather holds out, we may still get a match in this year.

Yeah, that sux. I would have attended for sure, and I'm 99% certain that Vitaly would have as well. Neither of us got any notification of this. And yes, unfortunately, I'm one of those who is not on FB and probably never will be. I was hoping that between this field target section and the mailing list we'd hear about any shoot.

Oh well.

(You guys probably didn't want any REAL competition! :) )

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:52 pm 

Oh I wish I would have known, would have went for sure.
Looks like you guys had a great time, wished I could have gone was helping out a friend over the weekend or I would have been there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 pm 

Thanks for having us John. Even with numb fingers fumbling to load pellets, much fun was had. A good lesson in holdover for wind that day! (And for the record Joel Goodwin was WFTF Canadian champ, I was Open PCP.)
Great pics like always, thanks John.
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52 pm 

Just Missed wrote:
Oh I wish I would have known, would have went for sure.

I remember the days when we used phones... lol... check your email and FB messaging... we tried.... lol.

Hämmerli AR20FT
Canon Rebel XTi