Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:00 am 

has anyone seen or bought one of these [by worx.] should be a snap to use what with all the practice we get with our semi auto airguns. loads the cylinder in same way as the beretta 92 fs. every time I try to do a picture for some reason my computer freezes up. google and you tube show it. pretty cool me thinks. kinda pricey for about $70.00 Canadian tire.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:41 am 

This one? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/worx- ... 2078p.html

Interesting design!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:20 pm 

Seems like another "gimmicky" tool to sell to the unwary. Have been there, but decided to stop fighting with my tools some time ago.

Would suggest leaving it on the shelf and getting a decent brand name cordless drill with a torque limiting clutch.

This is what I bought. Have used them a good bit now and am pretty impressed with the power and how well they work.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dewal ... p.html#srp

Al

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:34 pm 

Totally gimmicky!
These things look cool, but really arnt built/ment to last. I bet If you drop It or sawdust, a wood chip or other small debris gets inside of the mechinism it will just lock up or jam. They are designed and marketed for "wives/kids" to give to dad as a gift(remember the Canadian Tire couple???)
4v will turn some short screws, but isn't going to be strong(torque) enough to drive screws.

The reality is:

-if you're a DIYer, you'll use it alittle but here are there, but in the end- 5 years from now it will have mostly collected dust and the batteries won't hold any kind of useful charge.
Cordless tool companies, change their battery size/style every 3-5 years "because of new technology"... and the fact that you'll have to buy all new tools when your old batteries are dead and can't buy new ones.. You can pick yourself up a decent 18v cordless drill for around $100,spend alittle more and you can get combo kits with all kinds of tools, just don't get a kit full of stuff you'll never use(radio/flashlight are just filler. Who doesnt already have those?)

-if you're a tradesmen or contractor, you would never use sonthing like this, or you'd be the butt end of all jokes for weeks(I got put through the ringer, as an apprentice for using the wrong brand of pliers!) ln fact we laugh when we see these types of things on work benches, in tool boxes or When we ask if a customer has a screwdriver handy!

As a plumber for over 20 years, it's a hassle to carry 1 of each size and type of screwdriver, and not to mention they clutter up the tool box! so I use "Picquic" screwdriver, it is well build, good quality comes with 7 bits and is great for 95% of my screwdriving needs(available at Home Depot, in many colours for $15-$20, well worth it!). The bits fit into any drill.

That's just my 2 cents worth..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 am 

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/pro ... AuML8P8HAQ

This is my go-to screwdriver and never leaves my tool pouch. I have had it for about two years and I give it a five star rating.
8 volts with variable clutch. The grip can be adjusted from pistol to straight to get into the tightest places. If the battery dies during use, the gearbox locks up so it can be used like a regular screwdriver.
I have tried other models but this is the best bang for the buck so far.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 pm 

Handyguy wrote:
https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/dewalt-dcf680n2-8v-max-gyroscopic-screwdriver-2-battery-kit/Default.aspx?gfid=p17485&source=googleshopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiAv4jDBRCC1IvzqqDnkYYBEiQA89utokKJKgbRIzykpcsmGD-rv9DFPEZGcpW9iT8G6i8pY5UaAuML8P8HAQ

This is my go-to screwdriver and never leaves my tool pouch. I have had it for about two years and I give it a five star rating.
8 volts with variable clutch. The grip can be adjusted from pistol to straight to get into the tightest places. If the battery dies during use, the gearbox locks up so it can be used like a regular screwdriver.

I just let a 3 year plumbing apprentice go(he was with me 2 weeks) due to the fact that he refused to drive any type of screw by hand!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:20 am 

Logtec wrote:
Handyguy wrote:
https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/dewalt-dcf680n2-8v-max-gyroscopic-screwdriver-2-battery-kit/Default.aspx?gfid=p17485&source=googleshopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiAv4jDBRCC1IvzqqDnkYYBEiQA89utokKJKgbRIzykpcsmGD-rv9DFPEZGcpW9iT8G6i8pY5UaAuML8P8HAQ

I just let a 3 year plumbing apprentice go(he was with me 2 weeks) due to the fact that he refused to drive any type of screw by hand!

Wow! !! Really? ? I'd fire his buttock too! I've seen electricians run a screwdriver as fast as a cordless. .. actually kind of impressive to see.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 am 

Logtec wrote:

Was his work awful with screws? Like a auto tech using a impact wrench to tighten lug nuts?

My go to is the snap-on ratcheting screw driver. After 27+ years the first bearings are loose but useable. I suppose I could trade it in but I have a few.

Lost forever
Daisy model 105, Crosman 357 6", Webley Tempest (sad face)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:05 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Logtec wrote:

Was his work awful with screws? Like a auto tech using a impact wrench to tighten lug nuts?

My go to is the snap-on ratcheting screw driver. After 27+ years the first bearings are loose but useable. I suppose I could trade it in but I have a few.

+1 :) . For repetitive chores I use my Hitachi DB 3DL2 3.6 V lithium-ion driver, strong enough to be used with a 1/4'' drill chuck. It has an adjustable clutch and is a very versatile tool 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:31 pm 

Those pic-quics appear in a lot of electricians' tool bags- which strikes me as a little odd. They are highly conductive. Took a hot neutral 347 through one (just once) from a supposedly de-energized panel...

Still prefer single bitted screw drivers. Daily
work carry is still a multi bit though...

D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:29 am 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Those pic-quics appear in a lot of electricians' tool bags- which strikes me as a little odd. They are highly conductive. Took a hot neutral 347 through one (just once) from a supposedly de-energized panel...

Still prefer single bitted screw drivers. Daily
work carry is still a multi bit though...

D.S.

how is a "pic quick" more conductive vs a normal screw driver (Excuse my ignorance)?
Do the metal bits in the handle- ark?
In my trade, these screwdrivers are well build, and typically last about 2 years- used daily.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:25 am 

http://arcflashengineering.com/what-are ... tools.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:37 am 

I have a small 3.6V screw driver from Bosch.
It's perfect around the house for small spaces. I have carpal tunnel syndrome and screwing by hand is PITA for me and I don't have to go out in the garage to get the drill.
It's not meant to drill anything or do any kind of heavy duty work but it's a helping hand when you need it.

Same for that little Canadian Tire thing, it's not meant to replace your 18V drill but I think it can be a cool gadget.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 am 

DocGadget wrote:
I have a small 3.6V screw driver from Bosch.
It's perfect around the house for small spaces. I have carpal tunnel syndrome and screwing by hand is PITA for me and I don't have to go out in the garage to get the drill.
It's not meant to drill anything or do any kind of heavy duty work but it's a helping hand when you need it.

Same for that little Canadian Tire thing, it's not meant to replace your 18V drill but I think it can be a cool gadget.

I find those are great for removing cabinet doors. Or curtain rods brackets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I find those are great for removing cabinet doors. Or curtain rods brackets.

I think it's their purpose. I find it great when opening a radio or TV as those screws are always freaking long.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun