Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SSP Video
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:15 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
People on GTA are loving it.

Thanks. You probably noticed I joined the GTA forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 pm 

I recall reading your thread a while back when you were working on this SSP. Now I've seen the video (nicely done, by the way), I offer my congratulations to you in developing what looks to be a very good rifle. It looks very easy to pump and it has a relatively consistent MV (and hence ES). The energy produced by your rifle is quite amazing; it is close to many .22 springers. I didn't think such high levels were possible with an SSP, and you may get even more power as the design continues to be developed. One of the things that will help make this very appealing is that as an SSP there is no recoil, something with which springer shooters must contend.

You've done a very commendable job making this rifle, Joe. I wish you all the success should you decide to get this rifle to market.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:55 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
I recall reading your thread a while back when you were working on this SSP. Now I've seen the video (nicely done, by the way), I offer my congratulations to you in developing what looks to be a very good rifle. It looks very easy to pump and it has a relatively consistent MV (and hence ES). The energy produced by your rifle is quite amazing; it is close to many .22 springers. I didn't think such high levels were possible with an SSP, and you may get even more power as the design continues to be developed. One of the things that will help make this very appealing is that as an SSP there is no recoil, something with which springer shooters must contend.

You've done a very commendable job making this rifle, Joe. I wish you all the success should you decide to get this rifle to market.

Thank you for the review. I fully intend to attempt to market it. The youtube video is my benchmark as to its feasibility . The more likes and comments I get brings it that much closer to attracting a manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:47 pm 

Apparently B.B. really likes your SSP as well:

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2017/03/am-i-alone/

:wink:

BTW - any updates on progress in manufacturing it For Sale?

:?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 am 

wllm995 wrote:
Apparently B.B. really likes your SSP as well:

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2017/03/am-i-alone/

:wink:

BTW - any updates on progress in manufacturing it For Sale?

:?

The new finished prototype in under way, but will be a couple of months yet before it's ready for sales presentation,s. I'll keep everyone informed as things progress.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm 

joe hickey wrote:

The new finished prototype in under way, but will be a couple of months yet before it's ready for sales presentation,s. I'll keep everyone informed as things progress.

Good to hear - looking forward to seeing your finished product!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:36 pm 

Interesting concept.
- For the variable power, it would be nice to have a "positive" way of stopping the stroke at a low/medium/full power. It seems to me like one if the biggest factor in airgun accuracy is constant pellet speed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:42 pm 

[quote="sillymike"]Interesting concept.
- For the variable power, it would be nice to have a "positive" way of stopping the stroke at a low/medium/full power. It seems to me like one if the biggest factor in airgun accuracy is constant pellet speed.[/quote.
I agree. A spring loaded ball and detents would work for preset pellet speeds, but still leave infinite choices in between the detents. Also not too difficult to incorporate into the design.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:03 pm 

Oh man! I've been thinking none stop about this. Excellent design! I hope your pump tube/trigger assembly gets picked up by some one. I think SsP and MSP are way smoother shooters than Springer's, and the scissor jack style pump was a truely ingenious idea to improve leverage for cocking. Excellent proof of concept good sir. I realize you don't want to go into full production but I'm hoping it does (by you or any one else) I Loved everything about it. Your video was concise and well spoken, congratulations on a job well done. Look forward to hearing Bout the steel pump tube with 16 cubic inches. And an MSP would be amazing too. This would def give the 1322 a run for its money..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:53 pm 

[quote="Darkstar"]Oh man! I've been thinking none stop about this. Excellent design! I hope your pump tube/trigger assembly gets picked up by some one. I think SsP and MSP are way smoother shooters than Springer's, and the scissor jack style pump was a truely ingenious idea to improve leverage for cocking. Excellent proof of concept good sir. I realize you don't want to go into full production but I'm hoping it does (by you or any one else) I Loved everything about it. Your video was concise and well spoken, congratulations on a job well done. Look forward to hearing Bout the steel pump tube with 16 cubic inches. And an MSP would be amazing too. This would def give the 1322 a run for its money..[/quote.
Thanks for a very nice review..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 am 

Great video and amazing design! Will be great to see it end up a success, and on the market! Looking forward to another video!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 am 

You can believe me, or not believe me, but I have experience in this.....if your key component (the valve) is not patented, I doubt any large airgun manufacturer will touch it with a 10 foot pole.

It is time consuming and not cheap, but you should seriously, seriously consider it if your goal is to sell to a major manufacturer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 am 

ITGUY wrote:
You can believe me, or not believe me, but I have experience in this.....if your key component (the valve) is not patented, I doubt any large airgun manufacturer will touch it with a 10 foot pole.

It is time consuming and not cheap, but you should seriously, seriously consider it if your goal is to sell to a major manufacturer.

Thanks for the concern, but I can't even dream of coming up with that kind of money. Also after tons and tons of research, most people agree that a patent is actually less protection than not having one. Once the patent is submitted, its available for public scutiny, and all someone needs to do is change part of the design, and steal it. And if acquiring a patent isn't expensive enough, " defending it " may cost a lot more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:44 am 

I'm sure that you have researched the whole topic very thoroughly, Joe - hoping that you will be able to sell some of your fantastic SSPs sooner rather than later...

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 pm 

Thanks I hope so to. Living on a small pension sucks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next