Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 am 

Boxing week sale.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:28 pm 

Link?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:45 pm 

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/92489/cro ... 64&ps=True

N/A at this time(on-line; anyway)... :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:35 pm 

Thanks! I don't need one but at that price I think I am obligated to pick one up tomorrow before they sell out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:26 pm 

Too bad none online. Kinda want one, but not 2 hour ( Moncton NB ) one way for one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:23 am 

Too bad it is not available online right now, that notice wasn't on the Web page yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:45 pm 

Calgary store has them in stock, sale price ends tonight at 8.
Really wanted one of these, despite the many complaints about droop that is so bad, adjusting the high mounted sights for close distance seem to be impossible. They also don't have the Pal version, just the 495fps ones.

Not sure I can convince the missus, after all we added 2 new guns to the collection this month alone. Well, have about 3h to try and make my case. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:19 pm 

Update. So I got a somewhat reluctant yes from the boss but before heading there to grab this cool looking springer I did some reading on it. As it turns out Crosman made a serious error in the design of the sights, where you can't rise the rear sight high enough (or lower the front) to allow for close range plinking. Guess they figured since it's a M16 replica that it's intended for 100m shooting? Or maybe someone got the specs wrong and they didn't bother rectifying the problem? Whatever the reason, if I can't use this for basement plinking then Crosman has lost a sale.

Or is there a way to compensate for this that's easier/cheaper than purchasing airsoft sights? Are there risers that would work on this picattiny setup?
If anyone here has one of these and has found a solution to allow for close range shooting with the stock open sights, please let me know. It would seem the sale is still on. If so I may still nab one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:33 pm 

Website shows sale price of $80, guess this is a boxing week sale. Still considering picking this up but first would like confirmation that I could make it shoot at an indoor range using the stock open sights. Would a riser like the one in the pic solve the problem? Lowest one I could find is a .5" rise. Would that be too high a rise for the rear sight?

Attachments:
picatinny riser.jpg
picatinny riser.jpg [ 14.62 KiB | Viewed 2461 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:27 pm 

Cut the rear sight carrying handle down like this. So wont need so long of a riser.

Problem is the gas block is higher than the hanguard. It should be actually lower. Filing down the front sight wont fix it and only 2 options is well Optic or taller rear sight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 pm 

Thanks leadslinger, guess this pretty much puts me out of contention for this rifle. Optics would make using this no different than a Phantom, the Air Hawk or any other springer. The sole purpose is being able to make use of the open sights. Read on another site that someone had an airsoft AR-15 rear sight that was higher and he put it in this gun. Apparently it worked, despite the non matching painting scheme.
Guess Crosman's poor design has costed them a sale. Shame too, $80 is a great price for what is otherwise a not-too-bad springer (based on the B18/19 platform)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 am 

Joolz wrote:
Thanks leadslinger, guess this pretty much puts me out of contention for this rifle. Optics would make using this no different than a Phantom, the Air Hawk or any other springer. The sole purpose is being able to make use of the open sights. Read on another site that someone had an airsoft AR-15 rear sight that was higher and he put it in this gun. Apparently it worked, despite the non matching painting scheme.
Guess Crosman's poor design has costed them a sale. Shame too, $80 is a great price for what is otherwise a not-too-bad springer (based on the B18/19 platform)

It's a smoking deal for a NP but it's the 495 fps version. I decided I did not need another plinking accuracy non pal rifle and learning about the open sights only fortifies my decision to pass on this sale.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 am 

If they had one online. I would have bought it and put the vantage spring and piston in. Giving me a mid 700 shooter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 pm 

Wpg. Cabela's is sold out.

Wouldn't of minded getting a hands on look.

Bargain cave still has R-1O match, both rifle and pistol versions. Walked out with a one-off Ruger marked CRKT knife at 34 and change.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:34 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Wpg. Cabela's is sold out.

Wouldn't of minded getting a hands on look.

Bargain cave still has R-1O match, both rifle and pistol versions. Walked out with a one-off Ruger marked CRKT knife at 34 and change.

-D.S.

Me, too, but there are none available in the Barrie (Ontario) location, either... :(