Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:30 pm 

Just a mini review- check internet for more info on this pumper.
I like the style, size and weight. Easier to pump than my Crosman 760 or the M4-177 and has a grip handle on pumping arm.
It usually does not take me long to sight in with the small laser which I use on all my airguns for indoor shooting but because the
front sight is so high, the laser beam was hitting right on the glow sight and not reaching my target at 25 feet away.I had to tilt the
laser slightly upward on the 11mm rail and shim the front of it to enable the beam to clear the front sight.
If anyone knows a better way. please advise.

I had to work on the sight -in process a longer time and after a couple of targets and 60 pellets, now have it sighted in and find it very accurate. You will discover from the reviews that it is single loading for pellets and is a bit fiddly to get it on the loading ramp facing forward but with practice, should be easier. I started with JSB Exact 4.51 and when I ran out of them , finished with JSB Exact Express.
I have ordered some other pellets from CAF Store and will add to this review later once I find what it likes to be fed for optimum results.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:19 pm 

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_NX ... Combo/3524

Looks interesting... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:29 pm 

I have had my NXG APX for 2 years or so. The rail is confusing. It is not a picatinnie - rather, it is a normal dove-tail with grooves cut in it. The rail works about as well as any of the
plastic receivers I have used.

Accuracy and ease-of-pumping are two strong suits.

My rifle likes Daisy and Crosman wad cutters. For longer ranges, I have had good results with Crosman pointed, hollow points. Winchester pellets of 8-9 grains work well also.

In short, I like the rifle very much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 pm 

Referring to my first post in this thread,I am getting uneven results with the NXG which may be due to the tilt I did on the laser to get it on target instead of hitting only the front sight. I have ordered a 11mm. to 20mm. rail adapter from Ebay and will install a laser having weaver claws which should raise it above the front sight angle and align for height,windage normally.
I don't expect to have this until end of month ( from China) and will finish the review soon after. I can't shoot with open sights and will not try the minimal scope provided with it. Otherwise, I have no issues with the performance of this rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
Referring to my first post in this thread,I am getting uneven results with the NXG which may be due to the tilt I did on the laser to get it on target instead of hitting only the front sight. I have ordered a 11mm. to 20mm. rail adapter from Ebay and will install a laser having weaver claws which should raise it above the front sight angle and align for height,windage normally.
I don't expect to have this until end of month ( from China) and will finish the review soon after. I can't shoot with open sights and will not try the minimal scope provided with it. Otherwise, I have no issues with the performance of this rifle.

I received the 11mm. to 20mm. adapter today ( $6.00 CDN -free ship) in just 3 weeks from the Ebay seller in Hong Kong. Purchases from inland China are 4 - 6 weeks by comparison.
This purchase did the trick, allowing the laser to sit higher. I installed a 11mm./20mm. laser with reversible claws.
Of course there is more 20mm. ramp than needed for a small laser as they are intended for scopes and rings usually. After some sight-in shots, it is spot on. I shoot this rifle at 25 feet with JSB Exact 4.50 and 4.51 pellets with 4 easy pumps. Very accurate!