Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm 

ALL of C68 and, what is it? C19 needs to be repealed,thrown in the garbage- then, bring out some commonsense legislation - no more Left Wing emotional BS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm 

All of them.

Airguns are not firearms. Having just taken (and passed) the exam to get my PAL only so I can get whatever airgun I want really solidified that point for me.

Airguns are NOT firearms, not even close.

Can you do damage with an airgun? Sure. You can do damage with a crossbow too, or a fork if you want. Or a ****ing home-made potato gun. Just ludicrous.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:37 pm 

The 500 fps or any limit to air guns. Be they pistol or carbine, bullpup or rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am 

Hi guys.

l would junk all of it, how is it possible to own a bow or crossbow, no questions asked.
Are you going to try to convince me that a .177 pellet gun is more dangerous than a bow???

When it comes down to new laws,one has to remember that those laws are always to satisfy minority who has no clue what they are doing.
Here in Quebec,you will be very lucky if you manage to convince a police officer that a .22 pellet rifle is not a firearm. If it is a .22 it has to be.(logic!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm 

I can agree with the idea of scrapping all of them (though some of the PCP rifles are really not very different that the weakest powder burners), but in light of a recent discussion on here I would like to scrap the apparent rule that a 13XX chassis is always being treated like a pistol (ie. for the purposes of RPAL rules) if it exceeds 500fps, no matter how rifle-like the mods are. If it has a permanently affixed shoulder stock and a long barrel, it is ludicrous to classify it as an RPAL pistol the moment it breaks 500 fps.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm 

X2!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:12 pm 

Someone should put a petition together.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm 

You Can cover most of those rule change's with this one rule: Border patrol officer's can't use there own discretion when it come's to enforcing what kind of gun's come across the border!
Bullpup's
moderaters/shrouds
Can be brought into Canada depending on the officer you get at the boarder, down the road you if you get caught with it you could get your gun confiscated by police be cause it's deemed illegal! ( How stupid is that)
There are a dozen PB bullpen's that are sold in Canada yet most airgun bullpen's are not! again How stupid is that!!!!!

Airforce Texan
Desert Eagle
60's Shanghai 177 springer
Beretta 92FS Nickel
2250B HPA

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:56 pm 

Here's a petition for silencers.

Kinda a cool spin (ie. allow it for health reasons :) )

https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petitio ... tion=e-575