Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:39 am 

I just got into air guns and was looking for something to replace my .22LR for pest control.(a recent bylaw change made it illegal to use it).I am not a fan of thumb hole stocks so I looked for one of these guns that was PAL rated but could not find in Canada.Out of the box the fit and finish was better than expected.The firing cycle was very harsh,I would say more than my .22 mag.It is fairly heavy prob 9lbs with the scope.Since I wanted a full power version I had ordered the full power gas spring also.Once torn down it had a short piston with bleed hole which I plugged,put full power spring in it sanded piston seal down to about .015".I tried different seal at .010" and piston hit the wall causing a ding requiring some sanding.After I had it all back together and working again the shot cycle was much smoother.i have around 2000 pellets through it now and I seem to be the limiting factor on accuracy.I have been getting .5" groups at 35' in my basement with Crosman hollow points.The finish on the barrel shroud marks up very easily,the finish has worn off the trigger but seems to be a good gun.If you buy at CT for $349.00 it puts it the same price range as non PAL HW30.In the end I think this gun will work for what I wanted but hindsight is for the same money I could have an HW30 in my hands instead of a Crosman.