Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: ATP2 Long Barrel Idea
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 pm 

Had an idea.. not sure if its good or bad yet but an idea
I basically cut 'n' paste an AT44 barrel from Hatsans website (http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_at44_10.html) to see what an ATP2 would look like with a long barrel (barrel in image was eyeballed to size)

The only difference I can see - if using an AT44 barrel - is the length from the loading port to the front end of the receiver is shorter on the ATP2, and it looks like the barrel is turned down to slide into the receiver.

Next is I'm not sure about the short front end of the receiver holding a floating barrel of that length or to use a barrel band somehow. Probably the ladder. The barrel on the ATP2 is tapered down thinner, I am assuming to keep the weight down for the free float.

Pros:
- I like the fact that the ATP2 has the side lever on the left hand side, leaving your trigger (RH grip) hand in place during round cycle
- Could be lighter compared to an AT44, if used with the short ATP2 cylinder at the cost of less shots. Might still be lighter if used with an AT44 cylinder

Cons:
- Well that's why I would like to share this to hear others ideas or opinions

I'll sleep on it, but I may start looking around for a barrel, probably an AT44 as they are a very similar platform. I think this will be my next spare time filler until summer is here.
Thought I would share the snipped images

Cheers,
Attachment:
p2-2.jpg
p2-2.jpg [ 59.88 KiB | Viewed 1335 times ]
Attachment:
p2.PNG
p2.PNG [ 155.26 KiB | Viewed 1335 times ]
Attachment:
atp2.PNG
atp2.PNG [ 169.6 KiB | Viewed 1335 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 am 

I think you should get a bit something like this.
The tube fits as well. But not sure if its legal to put this pistol over 500fps
Mine becomes a rifle but still always under 500fpsURL=http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/alexislaberge/media/20161012_130633_zpsx92yenih.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:21 pm 

Cool, thanks Alex

Yes I am fine with sub500. I can understand laws pretty good but this one gets me.
As far as I understand, you could take a 2240 pistol, add a long barrel (over 18" I'm guessing), add a 2260 tube and a removable shoulder stock and now it's ok the cross the line.
But that ATP2 long barrel and tube looks like a rifle, acts like a rifle and smells like a rifle but is still a pistol? Once a pistol always a pistol but when is it ok to be considered to be allowed to cross the line. What more characteristics does it need. If it has a long enough manufactured barrel I would think its ok but I haven't inquired about it yet but as I said I would be fine sub500

Well, I think I will start on this.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:09 am 

Out of curiosity, what does that combination weigh Alex ? I would hope a bit lighter than the AT44.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:16 am 

Ordered the barrel and a barrel band. It arrived and I made some time to assemble.

The barrel I found does not have the slimmed down front end at the muzzle for an
open front sight blade to slip on. I am happy with that.

It does seem to be supported ok while free floating but I don't like the idea. With the barrel band slipped on, I have less worries about POI changing. Just need to dig up a grub screw to keep the band secured on the barrel and grind down the bottom of the barrel band which would normally be sitting in the forend of the stock.

Measured from the threaded muzzle end to the removable stock housing is 27 1/8"

Installed with a 3-9x32 bug buster and a .22 Hatsan airstripper

A scale is on my to do list of things to grab, I can do a weight of the pistol cylinder and an AT44 short cylinder installed

My chrony has been very selective lately for reading certain brands of pellets. Once I get the homemade lighting kit adjusted, I'll compare results to the shorter pistol barrel. I am guessing it will be close to 490 FPS.

All in all, I do like this setup.

Cheers,

Attachment:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 469.67 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 687.42 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:55 pm 

Nice work!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk