Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex M92A1 Beretta
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:38 pm 

I just picked up this new pistol from Ark Army Surplus. One word that I would use to describe this gun is superb. It has a very hefty solid feel in your hand - virtually identical in every respect to its powder burning cousin. There is zero slop in the slide, trigger or hammer. It's fit and finish is second to none and the markings are excellent right down to the Beretta logo on the grips. It features white dots on the sights for easy aiming, an ambidextrous safety that functions as a de-cocker, the slide locks back on empty and it has a working take-down switch allowing you to field strip it. both the CO2 and the BBs are contained in a full size drop out magazine and there is a front-end rail for mounting accessories. Sights are fixed and non adjustable and it has a functioning "giggle switch" (selector switch that allows you to select semi-auto or full auto fire. the trigger is DA/SA and the blow-back action is very snappy and realistic. Semi-auto fire is reasonably accurate for a smooth bore BB pistol and full auto is easily controllable with little rise. Only draw-back is the usual sub-400 fps found in blowback pistols. If you are a fan of the Beretta series or you like well made replica type BB guns, this is for you. This one gets a 9.5/10 from me and is easily my favorite BB pistol out of a collection of more than 60.

Post subject: Re: Umarex M92A1 Beretta
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:31 pm 

Nice review. I prefer pistols with a full-size magazine. They're, for the most part, a more sturdy design, and it gives me, when shooing in my rather chilly celar, the opportunity to place it in a pocket in order to warm the cart.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:03 pm 

Where is it made?

Interesting!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:57 pm 

Thank-you for this review. And damn you. :wink:
... makes me want one :lol:

Bummer about the non-adjustable rear sights....

You have more than 60? :shock:

Would you be so kind as to also list your 2nd and 3rd favourite repeater CO2 pistols please? And maybe a 20 words or less as to why you like them (or more importantly what shortcomings they have, if you have time... I would be quite interested to know and suspect others would appreciate it.

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:49 pm 

"More than 60" Sounds like you have quite a built up collection there! Thanks for the review!!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:38 pm 

My apologies for not replying sooner. Not long after posting this, I came down with a very serious life-threatening illness. I am on the road to recovery now.

I do indeed have 62 airguns in my collection. 5 rifles and 57 handguns.

regarding my other favorite repeaters.....the Tanfoglio witness 1911 - because it's a 1911 and because it is a pleasure to shoot. Reasonably accurate too. Another favorite is the full blowback P.08 Luger - it's a blast to shoot and the working toggle lock is great fun. The original Crosman 357 - I have for in different sizes and colours - are amongst my overall favorites - very accurate and they are Colt Python lookalikes. I grew up watching movies where the coolest gun around was the Python. I own some 8 different pythons in total. I will post an updated "Family photo" soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm 

Good to see you back and on the road to a full recovery Mantis! Happy plinking!!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:58 pm 

Mantis buys so much from Ark Army- they send a limo to pick him up :D
Be well sir!