Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm 

I had a lot of trouble with this whole setup trying out different things and getting rid of leaks. Someone more careful and meticulous would probably have faired much better, lol. The problem is you get one try drilling holes in the tube and valve and then if for some reason there is a leak it's hard to know exactly where it is coming from, and no matter where its coming from, lol, you have to take the fitting out of the valve, which if done more than a few times can damage the aluminum valve and make the threads unsafe. I went through a few valves this way before I got the hang of things. In the end this 760 - 1322 with the 14" barrel ended up like this last picture and I gave it to my dad for a grouse gun. It's set to shoot co2 around 500fps and 540 or so on air. Gets 9 shots on air, but the flat top piston didn't improve the amount of pumps as much as I'd hoped. Still takes around 100 pumps to get that many higher powered shots. I'm sure with some better tuning it could do better but that's where it was set when I gave it to my father. He can use it with co2 cartridges when it's warmer and have fun target shooting as well, and in Moose season he can carry it in his pack on air for when he comes on grouse. Nice all around fun shooter. Very accurate at 35 yards with just a red dot on it as well! My dad chose the red dot over the scope for grouse and was really surprised and happy how easily he could hit clay shatterburst targets at that distance :mrgreen:

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:09 pm 

Wonder if S&A has any 2079-A's left... The one I handled at the last gun show has got me to scheming :rolleyes:

Not getting on here very much these days. Did get a P-rod grip frame and trigger onto the 2100/13 and it's a sweet set up. Got to do the chrony thing with it again. The hard stainless non-waisted hammer for it is a bit heavier than the 13-XX hammer I was using. Upper 880's likely within reasonable reach now, if I want to do the pumping :P

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:18 am 

Wow that's great! Bet it's nice to shoot, with the better trigger. Looking forward to your test results! Looks like s&a still have one anyway in. 177. Not easy to find those anymore and he is apparently selling all his guns off hey. Too bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 am 

Oops, that's a Ar2078 not a 2079. Sorry about that. Dl airgun advertise them but are out of stock as well. Oshoot.ca supposedly sells anything pyramid air sells and I see them on the pyramid site so a guy could contact oshoot and see if he'd order one in.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk