Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:27 pm 

Hi, I was wondering if a 760 pump tube can easily be converted to replace the 1322 pump tube with perhaps only drilling a few holes? I would like to be able to have my 1322 shoot above 500fps without making it rated RPal. Is this easy to do?
Thanks for any help or info and sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't find anything specific. I know people have used the 2100 tube, which sounds like quite a bit of work, but had seen mentioned that the 760 is very close to 1322.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm 

topic43029.html Don't want to rain on anybody's parade but if you are gonna play around with that get a R-PAL first.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:57 pm 

^^ This ^^, and you would not get more stroke out of the 760 tube, it has the same stroke as a 1377. The main difference in the tubes is the rear part is longer in the 760.

Attachments:
IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5026.JPG [ 172.98 KiB | Viewed 1964 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:34 pm 

Guys....

Tube would either say 760 (a RIFLE :wink: ) on it or nothing at all (believe it's un-stamped) making minimum lengths the deciding factor as to where it falls as far as restricted/unrestricted.

Have no idea how difficult or possible the project would be...don't have a 760 tube on hand to compare or I would measure it up for the op.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm 

Hammer stroke in the 760 is quite a bit shorter.
I think that the 13-XX tubes are cheap enough to just buy the proper tube and be done with it.
760 end cap holes are way off set to what you need for 13-xx. Hammer pin slot is open all the way to the tube end.
Unless you have access to some precision machining tools, a project like this will be a lot of unnecessary work....

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm 

There may be kind of a ''legal advantage'' using a 760 tube on a 13xx gun if the OP has his PAL. You'd get basically a 760 with a 13xx grip and breech, and possibly a longer hammer stroke. The 760 tube is about 0.950'' longer (a bit more than 15/16'') in the rear, piston stroke is the same as a 13xx gun. You'd have to mod the sear slot and drill grip frame holes and front breech screw hole in the 760 tube. You'd also have to find a way to hold the breech in the rear, or cut the 760 tube to 13xx length, or maybe use a custom breech to take advantage of the longer cocking slot and get a longer hammer stroke :?: :?: :?: . Ah, and the 760 tube is plain, unmarked.

Attachments:
IMG_5027.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG [ 205.75 KiB | Viewed 1945 times ]
IMG_5028.JPG
IMG_5028.JPG [ 174.14 KiB | Viewed 1945 times ]
IMG_5029.JPG
IMG_5029.JPG [ 201.92 KiB | Viewed 1945 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 pm 

I was going by pin slot length on unmodded factory tubes.
Iirc, the sear slot will require lengthening... been almost a year since I had the tubes side by side...

Incidentally, the 760 with a flat top piston and a M-4-177 bbl aboard is a sweet little gun...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
I was going by pin slot length on unmodded factory tubes.
Iirc, the sear slot will require lengthening... been almost a year since I had the tubes side by side...

Incidentally, the 760 with a flat top piston and a M-4-177 bbl aboard is a sweet little gun...

-D.S.

Yes, and yes :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 pm 

airmec wrote:
... cut the 760 tube to 13xx length...

What I would do...minimizes the custom parts.

Actually doesn't look too hard....at first glance. Thanks for taking the time to get the pics and post them. :)

Al

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:04 am 

Thanks everyone! Looks like it might work, cutting it to 1377 size. Without any markings though, conservation officers wouldn't be able to just do a model search and declare it an air rifle, not a pistol. My barrel is under 21" (15"),so I would still be stuck I think. Wanted to use it for hunting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:10 am 

Sid66 wrote:
http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic43029.html Don't want to rain on anybody's parade but if you are gonna play around with that get a R-PAL first.

Hi Sid66, this is the reason I wanted to put a rifle tube on it, so I wouldn't need to get an rpal. Once it has a rifle tube my understanding is it is now considered an air rifle, not a pistol. I'm going by the 2240 discussion posted by Bob I believe, about what makes a gun a pistol or a rifle in the eyes of the law.
Right now I have a stock on it and 15" barrel, which may still be too short, seems Bob was unsure about that, so I'd have to get a longer barrel as well I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:12 am 

Gippeto wrote:
Guys....

Tube would either say 760 (a RIFLE :wink: ) on it or nothing at all (believe it's un-stamped) making minimum lengths the deciding factor as to where it falls as far as restricted/unrestricted.

Have no idea how difficult or possible the project would be...don't have a 760 tube on hand to compare or I would measure it up for the op.

Al

Thanks, that's what I was thinking!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:14 am 

airmec wrote:
There may be kind of a ''legal advantage'' using a 760 tube on a 13xx gun if the OP has his PAL. You'd get basically a 760 with a 13xx grip and breech, and possibly a longer hammer stroke. The 760 tube is about 0.950'' longer (a bit more than 15/16'') in the rear, piston stroke is the same as a 13xx gun. You'd have to mod the sear slot and drill grip frame holes and front breech screw hole in the 760 tube. You'd also have to find a way to hold the breech in the rear, or cut the 760 tube to 13xx length, or maybe use a custom breech to take advantage of the longer cocking slot and get a longer hammer stroke :?: :?: :?: . Ah, and the 760 tube is plain, unmarked.

Thanks for the pictures, that really helps!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Sid66 wrote:
http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic43029.html Don't want to rain on anybody's parade but if you are gonna play around with that get a R-PAL first.

Hi Sid66, this is the reason I wanted to put a rifle tube on it, so I wouldn't need to get an rpal. Once it has a rifle tube my understanding is it is now considered an air rifle, not a pistol. I'm going by the 2240 discussion posted by Bob I believe, about what makes a gun a pistol or a rifle in the eyes of the law.
Right now I have a stock on it and 15" barrel, which may still be too short, seems Bob was unsure about that, so I'd have to get a longer barrel as well I'm guessing.

Is it a factory length barrel 14.5"? if so then it should be okay as long as your over the 26" OAL with the stock.

Factory are okay, cut down are not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 am 

Right, however with no markings on the tube, and less than 18" barrel, if the CO recognized the style of gun as the Crosman 1322, he still could cause me trouble, I suppose. Too bad it's not stamped with the name on it [WHITE SMILING FACE]️. Thanks for pointing that out though, it's an important thing to remember, that cut barrels won't work if under 18". The gun is like 28" I think with the stock on, so that way it's ok. I'm still under 500fps at the moment, so for now that's where it will stay.